We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Melanoma

A support group for anyone affected by melanoma to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Vitality insurance claim with melanoma

Rower1
Posted by

I’m still waiting for mine! Submitted in November! They apparently were chasing up public health records for a password to access my medical records. They waited two weeks and nobody had replied. I rang the public records office and was given the password via email in 5 minutes. I provided vitality with this last Friday and I still haven’t heard anything! I honestly think they’re doing everything in their power to hold off paying out! 

Jo 
Irondad
Posted by

Sorry to hear that Rower1.  Was it easy to get the password (just in case we encounter the same)?

Fingers crossed you hear back soon,

A

Rower1
Posted by

Yes it was easy. I rang public health records. They asked me to email my details to the guys email address and he replied straight away with it.

Jo 
Irondad
Posted by

Thanks Jo, that could be really helpful.

Irondad
Posted by

HI Jo,

I hope you are well. I was just wondering whether Vitality let you know when they received the documents?  I haven't heard anything back from them but don't want to chase the hospital unnecessarily if possible.

In the grand scheme of things I know that this is not important, but it would be another thing to tick off!

Thanks in advance,

A

Rower1
Posted by

Hi,

They emailed me once they had the documents and said they would be in touch. I then chased them up when they were waiting for the password for my medical documents. 
I spoke to them Monday and I have been approved so I have to wait for them to calculate an amount.

Jo 
Irondad
Posted by

Thanks Jo,

I am really glad that you have been approved and I hope that it all gets sorted out quickly for you.  I phoned the hospital yesterday and although the nurse had my notes briefly, they have now been sent away to the department who are carrying out my WLE next week.  Apparently the secretary is trying to get a copy but not having any luck.  They have asked if I can request them when I have my WLE next week. In the grand scheme of things, not important at all so I will get the WLE sorted and then pursue it further after that.

Thanks again for your advice,

A

Stayingpositive31
Posted by

WLE & SLNB done. Feeling a little sore and tender and starting to get a little anxious about the biopsy results  and toes...

The insurance company (Vitality) settled the claim without needing further details for that point in time. I’ve been assured if it’s picked up in the lymph nodes I just need to submit a second claim for any development.

the communications weren’t great but all said it was a pretty painless process and provided some relief lifting the financial stress with the mortgage.

G