Melanoma

A support group for anyone affected by melanoma to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Vitality insurance claim with melanoma

innah
Posted by

Hi,

Has anyone tried to submit a claim on Vitality here? I was recently diagnosed with melanoma stage 3B.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community although I'm sorry you've had to find us.

How are you?  Can I ask if this claim is for critical illness cover and do you have something in particular you need to know before claiming? Vitality Insurance isn't a company I've personally had any dealings with.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

innah
Posted by

Hi Latchbrook, Im good, still a bit shock of my recent diagnosis of 3b melanoma, at 24, it isnt something I am expecting. How about you how are you? Yes, I am covered with vitality for critical life cover. And I wonder if anyone had a claim with this in the group

latchbrook
Posted by

I'm not surprised that you're still in shock . It's not a diagnosis you expect at your age,

I don't recall anyone in the group mentioning Vitality Insurance before, but that's not to say no one on here has claimed just not mentioned it. If it's critical illness cover you have then it should say in your policy documents which cancers they cover and will pay out on. If you can't find the information just give them a call and they'll tell you. I would imagine you'd need to speak to them on the phone anyway to start the claim.

I'm well thank you. Went for another 3 monthly check-up last Wednesday and everything is still okay. Are you having further treatment for your melanoma?

When you have a minute could you pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?