Melanoma

A support group for anyone affected by melanoma to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Groin SLNB

MLD73
Posted by

Hi Teetee,

just wanted to drop in and see how you are doing?

Hope you have been resting up and you are feeling a little better xx

Teetee
Posted by

Hi MLD73

Thank you for thinking of me. 

I'm ok thank you. Can't do much as bandage is huge. Was in quite a bit of pain yesterday, but think it's from my knee as it's been bandaged taught and  I cannot bend it. 

SLNB site is healing nicely and the bruising is starting to come out. I'm told it will swell after a few days, but nothing yet xx

Teetee xx
MLD73
Posted by

Hey Teete,

How are you?  You starting to feel better now?

Mandy x

Teetee
Posted by

Hi Mandy.

Thank you so much for asking after me.

Starting to swell slightly around the groin wound, but not been in too much pain, just a little discomfort. 

I go back to the hospital on Thursday for wound check and hoping they will reduce the huge bandage on my leg, so I can walk!

Teetee xx
MLD73
Posted by

Hi Teetee,

How did you get in today at the hospital?

m x

Teetee
Posted by

Hi Mandy

Ok thank you. It was a bit of a shock to see my leg when they removed the bandage.... the wound is much larger than I thought it would be.

She has bandaged me back up for another week and have been told to rest as much as possible. I go back again next Thursday. She has also told me to wear tight cycling shorts all day to reduce the chances of swelling in my groin. I'm going to look great

How are you?

Teetee xx
latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

I was just wondering how you were getting on.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Teetee
Posted by

Hi Latchbrook 

I'm getting along ok thank you. Still very sore, but both wounds are healing lovely. I'm back at the hospital tomorrow for wound check and also starting counselling tomorrow too. This will be for the cancer diagnosis and also the sudden loss of my lovely Mum. I'm a little apprehensive as I've never had any form of counselling before, but feel I need something. 

I've called my SCNS this morning and left a message for them to call me back. I want to ask if my results are in.... 15th April seems an age away xx

Teetee xx
latchbrook
Posted by

Glad to hear that everything's healing nicely .

I hope the counselling goes well and helps with both coming to terms with your diagnosis and the loss of your mum. 

Do let us know when you get the results back. I'm keeping everything crossed 

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

Teetee
Posted by

I will and thank you so much Latchbrook xx

Teetee xx
Teetee
Posted by

Results still aren't ready.

Been back for wounds check today, all dressings are off now! Still need to be very careful bending, but both incisions are healing beautifully.

Teetee xx
latchbrook
Posted by

That's a shame that your results aren't back but I don't think that's anything to worry about as you had said you'd been told they would be ready by 15th April, so only a little longer.

How did the counselling session go?

x

Teetee
Posted by

Counselling is this afternoon Latchbrook. 

Bit apprehensive about it if I am honest xx

Teetee xx