Melanoma

A support group for anyone affected by melanoma to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Groin SLNB

Sailor2
Posted by

Hi Teetee,

You certainly sound like you're in good spirits!  Glad it all went well. 

Mine was two months ago, and the scar is the only thing which reminds me it was done. No aches, no swelling, no numbness & full movement as before the op. 

Take care,

J

PS.  Try resting? It doesn't sound like you have done too much of it and y' never know - you might like it! LOL.

Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and find it!

Teetee
Posted by

Hi Sailor2

Thank you for your message.

I'm just so glad yesterday is over. Was a long day! 

That is really good news that your are feeling so good again after 2 months.

Teetee xx
MLD73
Posted by

Oh you must take it easy, you really need to rest to start the healing.  I am just like you tho, I struggle to sit for any length of time.  Pop a movie on and get under the duvet, before you know it you will be on your feet again.

Take care of you x

Teetee
Posted by

Feeling a bit weak and shakey tonight, had lots of visitors and although resting my body my mind wasn't resting if you know what I mean.

Thank you

Teetee xx
latchbrook
Posted by

I felt really good in the afternoon after I'd left hospital but then the next couple of days felt the need to rest. I think when I first left I was on a bit of a high from all that had happened but then came back down to earth. Also the GA will still be in your system and take a while to go completely.

Take it easy for a couple of days

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Teetee
Posted by

Hi Latchbrook 

That's exactly how I feel. And the tight bandage from my thigh to my toes isn't helping .. it's tighter than ever today as I guess the wound is swollen.

Can hardly walk, can't even sit on the loo properly .

Guess I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself tonight. 

Teetee xx
latchbrook
Posted by

The information I was given about having the operations said to take it easy for a fortnight but to try to do light exercise as soon as I could. I usually go for an hours walk every morning and started that up again a couple of days after the op. However, it was easier for me as my ops were on my arm and underarm.

However, I didn't do any heavy lifting or driving for a fortnight and generally took it pretty easy. 

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

Teetee
Posted by

I think if I could get out for some fresh air I would feel better but cannot even get my right shoe on. Will see how I feel tomorrow and then maybe just venture out into the garden!

Thanks for listening

Teetee xx
Teetee
Posted by

Latchbrook 

When did you get your SLNB results? Was it long after the op? Were they negative?

Teetee xx
latchbrook
Posted by

I was told the results of my WLE and SLNB when I went back two weeks later for the surgeon to check my wounds and yes, they were negative.

x

Teetee
Posted by

That must have been a massive relief to you!! Had you no idea till your appointment? Two weeks is really good. Mine will be 3-4 weeks but I have read different areas have different timescales.

Teetee xx
latchbrook
Posted by

Yes it was a big relief . I think it depends how busy the path labs are as to how quickly you get the results back. I wasn't expecting to hear until I went for my check-up but was pleased that I only had 2 weeks to wait.

Teetee
Posted by

I think however long you wait it is a worry. I seem to have been worrying since my referral... but like you told me many weeks ago worrying doesn't help anything.

I go back in a week for my wound check, but I think it will be to remove the bandage.

Teetee xx
latchbrook
Posted by

It is hard not to worry .

I had my dressings removed a week after my ops at my GPs then after another week I was back at the hospital to get checked by the surgeon and to be told my results. I was then discharged back to the care of my consultant dermatologist. 

Teetee
Posted by

That's really good Latchbrook. 

I have no dressing on my groin at all, just the glue. I can't shower because of the leg bandage so now worrying how to keep groin clean and dry.

Currently lying here with it open to the air!

Teetee xx