Melanoma

A support group for anyone affected by melanoma to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Groin SLNB

Teetee
Posted by

You are doing so well! Hope I am like you!

I can imagine the check ups are nerve wracking, especially the first one.

Aw bless him, he must take after you!

I will try to message Friday or Saturday to let you know how it went.

Take good care.

Teetee xx
Mummybear2
Posted by

Yes do drop me a message when you get a chance, but more important put your feet up and have lots of love and attention for the next few days.

I’m sending lots of positive vibes your way. I’m sure all will be just fine and dandy

good luck xx

Teetee
Posted by

Thank you Mummybear2. 

Thank you for your support, you have been a massive help xx

Teetee xx
MLD73
Posted by

Hi Teetee, been thinking of you, hope today went as well and you and resting up xx

MLD73
Posted by

Hi Teetee, been thinking of you, hope today went as well and you and resting up xx

Teetee
Posted by

Bless you, thank you. I'm still on at moment. Didnt go to theatre till 4.15pm as the radioactive dye wouldn't travel to my lymph node. Spent total of 4 hours in Nuclear Medicine. They thought they could see a teeny tiny sentinel lymph node, but my surgeon said if he wasn't 100% sure then he wouldn't be able to do the SLNB. Woke up and he's done it! Hoping to go home tonight still. 

Thank you so much for thinking of me xx

Teetee xx
Mummybear2
Posted by

Hey teetee. 

Glad that I get updates to this post and that you are back from theatre safe and well. Hope you aren’t too sore either.

thats excellent he was able to do it, I know with me they checked with a different blue dye before removing in theatre so maybe that took better and he was able to find it. Either way it’s great news.

hope you get home tonight and are able to put your feet up xx

Mummybear2
Posted by

Hey teetee. 

Glad that I get updates to this post and that you are back from theatre safe and well. Hope you aren’t too sore either.

thats excellent he was able to do it, I know with me they checked with a different blue dye before removing in theatre so maybe that took better and he was able to find it. Either way it’s great news.

hope you get home tonight and are able to put your feet up xx

latchbrook
Posted by

Good news that it's all done and I hope you're not feeling too sore . I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can still go home tonight. They were happy for me to go once I'd eaten and drunk something, spent a penny and proved I could stand without wobbling!

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Mummybear2
Posted by

They sent me home without weeing and still being sick into a kidney dish...I was first on the list and this way gone 5pm. Think they just wanted rid  x

latchbrook
Posted by

Oops

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

Teetee
Posted by

Well, I have drank, eaten, weed and can go home! Just had cannula removed. My leg is bandaged from top to bottom really tight so I can't bend it and split wound.... so I am kind of dressed! Going home in my slippers!

Thank you all for your wonderful support xx

Teetee xx
latchbrook
Posted by

Yeh!!!!!!

MLD73
Posted by

Lovely to hear from you.  Make sure you get plenty of rest to get on the road to recovery xx

Teetee
Posted by

Thank you for your message MLD73.

I am trying but I don't usually sit down for 5 minutes at home! I've just been tidying around and now my glue lymph node wound has started to weep a clearish pinkish fluid, so back with feet up to rest!

Teetee xx