Carers sick line advise?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 3 subscribers

Odd one? My Wife has been told by her employer (Local) to stay home because of my condition. Now she has handed in a self cert to cover first period, but we are told by our GP surgery, they are not giving out sick  lines? And now her HR at head office are looking for a sick line? 

Now, I believe it as they instigated this, she should not need one? We have sent the information from my "advice" letter, but have not heard back, NHS web says there is a sick line, but only if suffering from, or have symptoms of Cov-19. 

This is really just trying to put her mind at rest, as, personally I think it's between her local mgmt and HR? But she is a wee worrier? 

Q. Does such a line exist for 'carer' and if so from where? Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Alan H

• Hi Alan

When you say a "sick line" do you mean a doctor's fit note, also known as a sick note? If so then I think you can only get one if you are ill and not able to go to work. As your wife isn't ill I'm not sure that she would be able to get one.

However, my understanding might be wrong so I think giving the Macmillan Support Line a call on 0808 808 0000 would be a good idea. It's free to call and you can speak to one of the work support advisors from 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday.

Do come back and let me know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Alan

Since I replied to you earlier today I've spotted this post with the same question that you were asking. Hopefully, it'll help you.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Morning! Thanks for this! Iv'e joined the discussion and hopefully, we will get some info from that. Worrying times indeed. 

We will probably find by the time we get all the answers, this damn thing will be passed and we can all get back to 'normal' !

Thanks again

Alan H

• Morning Alan

I'm glad you found the thread. I should have said that as the group is for carers only you can read the posts but not join the group or post. Sorry that I didn't explain that but I'm sure no one will mind your one response.

Community Champion Badge