Hi from newbie on the South Coast

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 105 subscribers

Just wanted to make my first post here. 

I'm currently undergoing immunotherapy after having had radiotherapy, chemotherapy and immunotherapy in combination since July 2020 for stage 4 large cell lung cancer.

The immunotherapy is a lot easier than all three at the same time and scans show my tumours have shrunk by over 50% which is great. 

All being well I'll be on that for the next two years.

Just looking to say hello really. 

• Hi Gary

Welcome to the group although, as everyone will tell you, it's a shame we have to meet under such circumstances.

Seems like we have gone down similar treatment paths, mine was Carboplatin, Etopside & Atezolizumab for 4 cycles then another of Atezo followed by 10 zaps of RT and then back on the Atezo - have just completed 10th cycle and like you, my tumours had shrunk by 50% at 3 months.

I've just had my 6 monthlies and now the tumours have further shrunk to the point where they are "barely measurable" so I'll take that...

I hope to see you posting on a regular basis.

Stay Strong

SiT

Stay Strong

SiT

• Hi Gary

great news that immunotherapy is working so well for you and long may it last

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to SiT

Thanks. I'm hoping to take a similar trajectory to you. They seem pleased with how I've responded so far. I'm on Pembro for the immunotherapy which I'm tolerating well so far.

• Hi Gary P, and welcome to the group that no one wants to join. Congratulations on the 50% shrinkage, that’s really good news. Lots of people here on immunotherapy, we hear some good results from it. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge