Scan results #2

• 3 replies
  • 105 subscribers

Hi all

Oncologist called yesterday to say still cannot tell if the main tumour has grown or stayed stable. He tried to explain that because of the tumour pressing on my windpipe, the lung tissue there has hardened, creating shadows that the tumour is 'hiding' in. Not really sure how that looks but at least they are continuing with Pembro and scanning again in two months. Means I can look forward to Christmas a bit more.

Anyone else had this issue? My concern is that it will still look like this in two months and they wont be able to tell what is happening. Also, would a PET scan show up more?

Just questions really, not expecting definitive answers!

• Hi

Just 'bumping' your post back to the top of the discussions list as I can see you haven't had any replies yet.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Debs0768

its so hard when you’re left with areas of doubt but the fact that they’re continuing with the Pembro is good as if they had a lot of doubt they’d prob look further. I hope you can put it aside and enjoy Christmas and see how your next scan goes. I’m sure they’ll be expecting a clearer picture then. 
    worry is the plague of this disease but doesn’t do any good so I really hope you can overcome your anxiety and just make a good family time 

• Thank you :-)

Debs0768