Feeling lucky

• 27 replies
  • 112 subscribers

Hi all

Just wanted to share my good news.

Today I got the results of my latest scan from 22nd July.  Happy to report I’m still stable.

Initially diagnosed in 2013, 7 and a half years ago, with a prognosis of 12-18 months.  My latest treatment was Pembrolizumab which ended January 2019, 18 months ago. 

I’m feeling extremely lucky right now.

Take care.x  

• Congratulations mummyb

Such good new, Ive been keeping my eye on youEyesJoy

My last treatment of Pembrolazumab is on 4 September, don’t know where those 2 years went, I hope I do as well as you 

Hope you’ve got a little celebration planned, I’ll have a little glass for you anyway ChampagneWine glass

Julie
  • Hi

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment and truly hope you continue to do well after treatment finishes.

Those 2 years feel like a lifetime away when you first start but they fly by.  

Unfortunately, I can’t do much in the way of celebrating as we are in lockdown in East Lancashire.  I’m hoping before the girls go back to school and college we manage something.  Just jumping for joy will do for now.

Take care.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

That is wonderful news to hear mummyb! For you and gives us all hope! Thank you for sharing with us.

It sure does fly. I am about to get to 7 months of it too, I felt I only started it a couple of cycles ago, so the fact after all that time of completing it and you're still stable is great news.

I thought of Julie when I read that and how she would feel to read that. She of course has gotten the wine out to drink to your results I see Slight smile she is a good one, always thinking of others aren't you Julie Stuck out tongue

• Hi Gina 

it is so much easier to share good news than bad. 

I sure hope the pembro is kind to you and you get excellent results.  I was tremendously lucky to only have fatigue as a side effect whilst on treatment.  A few issues have occurred since but nothing I can’t handle.

If anyone wants to get the wine out to drink to my good news I say good on ye, and damn well enjoy it.

Take care.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to mummyb

That is such lovely news.  That immuno is such a wonder drug.  I’m on it too along with a maintenance chemo as my tumour does not have pdl1 but the treatment is keeping it stable since my diagnosis nearly a year ago.  It’s not meant to work as well for me but I’m keeping positive and hoping that I too can be still here for a few more years.  Would love to see my children graduate at least.  But for the time being I should be happy I’m here and feeling well! 

• Hi dance in the rain

so pleased to see your managing to stay stable with treatment.  Staying positive is my mantra too, although I do still have ‘days off’. 

I certainly know where you are coming from with your children.  Both my girls were still in primary school when I was diagnosed.  I didn’t think I’d even see them move up to secondary school.  Ones going into her last year of college and the other her last year of secondary school.  That’s if I can persuade them to go back.  At the moment they are worried they will bring COVID home and finish  me off! I’ve told them we won’t let that happen but they don’t appear to be listening.

Take care

• Hi mummyb, 

Congratulations that really is wonderful news. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi

Great news; 'stable' is always fantastic to hear.

Well done you!

Kegsy x

"If you are going through hell, keep going" ; Sir Winston Churchill
    " Cancer may take my life; however it will not become my life" Kegsy August 2011
  • Hi Mummyb , congratulations it's lovely to hear such good news. long may it continue.  TC Ellen.

• Thanks everyone.  I had the best nights sleep in a fortnight last night.x