Newly diagnosed

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 104 subscribers

Good evening

I was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2014 and had my ascending colon removed. I then had six full sessions of FOLFOX chemotherapy and two at a reduced rate. was all very successful and on the 9th of October 2019 I was given my five-year all clear. I had a cough and a cold which is very unusual for me over Christmas and New Year, I had some antibiotics and wasn’t feeling well enough to go back to work so went back to the GP. The GP sent me for an x-ray and the next working day I was telephoned to make an appointment with the GP. I was most distraught to find that the x-ray revealed that I had lung cancer in both lungs I’m absolutely devastated and extremely fearful I would welcome any thoughts and views that fellow Group users might have! Thank you so much in advance! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Baloo

Welcome to us. Sorry to hear about your news however. It is extremely scary when you hear the news. No doubt you will have been booked in for a load more tests and appointments? CT maybe a PET, MRI etc.

Whilst it's scary many of us here have been about for quite sometime and doing well with the new treatments that are coming out for Lung cancer. 

If you click on our names above, it will take you to our profiles and a lot fill this in with a brief overview of what has happened since our diagnosis. This gave me a lot of hope when I first came here.

Any questions please ask and we will do our best to guide you through.

Take care and good luck with the remaining tests.