Finishing Immuntheraphy Treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 104 subscribers

Hi all

I have been on immuntherapy for nearly two years now (March/april i be stopping).  Apparently I cannot take it for more than two years.

I am scared about coming off it as it has kept me well.  Has anyone else here come off it? What was it like for you coming off this treatment?

I am currently awaiting test to see if I can go on Cancer trials, depends on my cells.

First time on this site today.

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Came off June 2016. My cancer has just started to grow back nowConfused

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks for replying.  Did immuntherapy take away your cancer whilst you was on it?  Or did it just keep it stable?  It has only kept mine stable.

I'm sorry to hear it is started to grow back again.  Can they give you immuntheraphy again?

best wishes xx

• FormerMember

Shrunk it alot then kept it stable  .  Started to grow again on last scan. We are trying to find if any options are left

• FormerMember

sorry to hear that pembro.hope they find something else for you.  hope its as kind to us as well as we come to the end of immunatherapy. i have about 20 odd weeks left. TC

• FormerMember

Thank you, i have been ok since June 2018 without any treatment, until October just gone. I hope you go on ok after. I will let you know when i know whats happening. Horrible time now as its like being back at the begining

• Hi. My hubby just completed his 2 years on Pembrolizumab. Last one was 5 Dec. Quite scary now as to future. Pembrolizumab did in fact shrink and then stable.  

The drug resulted in diabetes. Insulin resistance which is really hard work as he needs to put weight on. 

Hope you get on OK after immunotherapy. There are folk on here who completed 2 years a while now. 

Salval

There is hope. Don't give up..

Salval

• Hi jacqui 

I was on Pembrolizumab for 2 years, which ended January 2019.  I was stable at that time and was still stable at my last scan in November.

x

• Hi 72Pembro. Just wondered whether you'd been offered further treatment.    My hubby finished Pembrolizumab in early December,   not had a good start I'm afraid. 

Hope all goes well 

There is hope. Don't give up..

Salval