Very anxious and worried

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 29 replies
  • 104 subscribers

Good evening , first time posting though I have been reading all the posts . Rewind to October and I was admitted to hospital from GP with ? Sepsis, but actually was diagnosed with Pneumonia . Prior to this I was totally fit and healthy 67 yr old female.  I was treated with usual IV antibiotics and nebulisers . Discharged after three days. Consultant felt I was so well didn't need a follow up other than routine chest x ray at 6 weeks post discharge.     

Fast forward to three weeks ago and I have had an appointment for a CT scan.   After a week of worrying Then got a letter from consultant saying something "  slightly concerning " had shown up on my X-ray and needed to be followed up .

I have made a full recovery from pneumonia and feeling 100% recovered but this has caused me a lot of stress and anxiety.  Scan is this coming Wednesday .  Never smoked and lead a fairly healthy life style .  Totally blindsided by this .  

Thank you for taking time to read .

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Very easy to say try not to worry, the fact you are on here and reading posts should tell you that all is not lost if your worst thoughts are realised and hopefully the chatter on here can give you some hope and comfort. It's OK to be scared as it's a very shocking and uncertain time. Everyone on here has been at that point, we are all here to support you. Please take care and each day as it comes. Will be thinking about you on Wednesday. Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you Gsd Rule for replying , very much appreciated 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Eve

Welcome here. Sorry to hear about all the tests you are having to endure. This is the worst bit. The wait before the scan is awful and the results appointment. I always try to distract myself (as much as you can do) at this time.

It could be nothing and if it isn't then we are all here to help you through.

Good luck

• FormerMember

Thank you so much Ginajsy, I have been reading all the different posts and you are truly one exceptional lady. Your advice and support on the board is very special.   I will let you know how I get on.  Does anyone know how long it takes to get results??  I had myself all psyched up for Wednesday then read somewhere that you have to wait for results, I naively thought they were available there and then like the breast cancer centres , one stop shop.  So I imagine it will be another waiting game ! Trying to keep as busy as possible but i am exhausted with not sleeping so its hard.

• FormerMember

Hi, for ct scan, my gp had results the next day, for pet scan it was a week. I imagine different places, different time scales. Stay strong x

• FormerMember

Oh that is very interesting as a friend who has secondary breast cancer had her CT scan two weeks ago and still no results, though she is due for her treatment visit this week so presumably they will have them for her then .  I have told no one other than my husband and my minister so feel a bit stressed, but don't want any family knowing until there is something to tell them .  One of us worrying is more than enough !   

• FormerMember

That makes sense, it's hard telling family, I told mine after Xmas as it was very hard to tell lies... They knew I had been ill and having tests and so were always asking if I'd had results or heard anything... I let them get Xmas out of the way. They have been supportive since and absolutely understand why I didn't inform them sooner. You tell people when and if you need to and when you want to. X

• FormerMember

Well stress fest continues, went down to hospital as per appointment , was getting organised when the radiographer came banging on the door. Apparently I needed a contrast CT scan and there was no one on duty in the evenings to do it!  She was so apologetic and it wasn't her fault .  Back home to wait for another appointment to come through .

• FormerMember

So sorry to hear that, hopefully they will get you back in asap. Stay strong xx

• FormerMember

Thank you .