Symptoms after lung biopsy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 104 subscribers

I had a lung biopsy two days ago, which went fine. The trouble is I have since had diarrhoea, which has since stopped, and wind. Has anyone else had any symptoms like this?

• Hi

I doubt they are directly connected to the actual biopsy. Perhaps  they could be connected to the pre-biopsy process. Were you anxious about the biopsy; anxiety can cause tummy upsets and also make you gulp in air? Did they give you any form of sedation that could have disagreed with your tummy? Also don't discount a general mild tummy bug; hospitals especially are ripe with these.

The good news is that the diarrhoea has stopped, and the wind will work itself out naturally.

Good luck with the results of the biopsy.

Kegsy x

"If you are going through hell, keep going" ; Sir Winston Churchill
    " Cancer may take my life; however it will not become my life" Kegsy August 2011
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Kegsy

Thanks for the reply Kegsy.

I was very nervous about this, as I was told it was quite risky the tumour being very close to the heart and the Pulmonary Artery. Even the Radiologist was nervous! I was in there for about 3/4 hour in a freezing cold CT room, whilst he was trying various combinations of hands up, one hand up one down and finally one hand down one hand behind the head. But at least he got his samples.

I’m wondering whether ithe symptoms could be caused by the cold plus the stress. At least it seems to be settling down now.

I’m going back on Thursday for the results, which they reckon is a carcinoid.

How are you going?

Sue

• Hi Sue

Yes, probably the combination of a chill on your tummy plus the nervous anxiety. As everything has now settled down, I wouldn't give it another thought.  

At least now the biopsy is done, you will be able to get your treatment plan. I have experience of carcinoid tumours, so cannot help on the potential treatment options.

Good luck for Thursday.

Kegsy x

" Cancer may take my life; however it will not become my life" Kegsy August 2011
  • Ooops! That should read 'no experience ...'

Kegsy x