Metastatic lung cancer with high calcium levels preventing treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 103 subscribers

Hi

i hope someone can share with me how to cope with my mams scenario. She has metastatic lung cancer, the cancer has metasised into the bones in her back causing very high calcium levels that are not coming down to the consultants expected level to start chemotherapy. My mam is now home without any further treatment to bring the calcium down and it’s a case of wait and see for a few days. The consultant prepared me that mam May only have a week or so. I am devastated and panicking really bad about this and I cannot seem to find anyone who has experienced this. Sorry to ask I am knew to these posts and cannot seem to find anyone in the carers forum with similar circumstances. Many thanks if you can help me understand what is happening or about to. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Swan Lake

Welcome to this part of the forum.

Sorry to hear of your Mam's diagnosis. I am sorry I cannot help you as I do not haven't any experience of this. However I did search Calcium in the group and it pulled up these threads which you can read and may get some answers.

For you, you may want to also join the group supporting someone with incurable cancer which may also be helpful to you on how to prepare for what may happen next. If you click on the green underlined writing it will take you to the threads and group.

So sorry to hear what the consultant said. I would advise you to gentle be their for your Mam and say all the things you feel need to be said just in case.

I hope this is some help to you,