Just been told cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 21 replies
  • 105 subscribers

Hi Iam keV I have lung cancer. My head spinning

• Hi Kev,

Glad you've found this site tho it's not a " club" you'd want to be a member of voluntarily. There'll b a Community champion along shortly to welcome u n probably give u a few  pointers. Meanwhile, why not add something more  to your profile so that ppl know where you're coming from?

There'll b folk in this group who've had similar experiences to u. I just spotted your post but am just another member, who happens to have a different type of cancer ( kidney)

Did u know the helpline' s available if u want to talk things thru? 0808 808 0000. Open 8am till 8pm, - just in time!

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • Welcome Kev, although so sorry you find yourself here.  Not surprised your head is spinning.  Guess you've had all sorts of tests.  I found the first few weeks a complete whirlwind and then once I knew the plan it seemed an eternity before it was implemented.  What point in the journey are you?  Do you know the type and stage yet?  Do you have a treatment plan yet?  If you let us know where you are at there are lots of helpful people on this forum that will be able to answer your questions or point you in the right direction.  Welcome aboard. 

Ina Vest x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi kev welcome  to the room. what a shock  you need time to digest it all. TC.  we are all here when you   know more.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks darlo. Got my biopsy on Thursday. My pet scan  got Cancelled for tomorrow. Get my results on the 22 aug. And MRI scans before I go god willing.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to buttercup01

Awwwww thank you so much. For getting in touch. Means alot got my biopsy on Thursday. Pet scan got cancelled for tomorrow. And wait to hear about my MRI scan . Get my results back for the 22aug. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ina Vest

My plan is on the ,22,,aug. They will tell them I hope. My biopsy is on Thursday. My pet scan cancelled for tomorrow. And wait for my MRI scans. On head and spine

• Hi Kev I'm quite new to the group as well and know exactly how you'll be feeling . I've had a biopsy and a Pet scan and go tomorrow to get the results and hopefully a treatment plan. Take care Jayne x

• Jayne eliza 
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Jayne eliza

Hi Jayne hope all goes well with you tomorrow. It bin a bit daunting biopsy tomorrow pet scan today. MRI on Monday then plan on the 29. keV .x

• Thanks Kev it certainly is ....good luck x

• Jayne eliza 
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Jayne eliza

What your mood been like since you were told. And pain.x