Low blood cortisone levels or similar

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 10 replies
  • 104 subscribers

Hi I had my 10th treatment of chemotherapy and immunotherapy on the 15th July all went ok except my blood cortisone was low and now on steroids, has anybody else had this or a similar problem please

• Hi

Do you mean cortisol rather than cortisone?

Kegsy x

"If you are going through hell, keep going" ; Sir Winston Churchill
    " Cancer may take my life; however it will not become my life" Kegsy August 2011
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Kegsy

Hi Kegsy

It could be they have given me 30mg daily of hydrocortisone steroid tablets to take

Susanmary44

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My husband had low cortisol levels after 3 rounds of chemo & immunotherapy. He was put in Cortisone tablets until the levels increased.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Optimist thank you for sharing this information as I had always had no problems with my blood up until now. How long was your husband on the Cortisone tablets for as I am now into my 5th week of taking them.

• FormerMember

Hi. Susanmary44

He was on Cortisone for a couple of months after being referred to an endocrinologist. The dose initially was 10mg twice a day gradually reducing to 5mg daily. Has now been off it for 10 or so weeks and his Cortisol levels have been stable. The only advice given by the consultant was eat as much protein as possible.

Regards

• FormerMember

Hi Optomist

Thank you for that information I am due to see my doctor on Thursday with the results of my latest blood test hopefully it will be improved as I am on 30mg daily.

Best wishes to you and your husband

• FormerMember

Hope it is positive news on Thursday. Fingers crossed

Our lives revolve around medical appointments and enjoying the time in between! Slight smile

• FormerMember

Thank you, I feel like the hospital has  become my second home but as I am unable to walk very far it does give me an opportunity to go out and meet people.

• FormerMember

If your hospital is UHNM (Stoke) you may bump into me one day!

• FormerMember

I wish it was as i would like to meet you too , but I am quite a distance from there.