How to beat depression

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 106 subscribers

I was diagnosed with l primary ung cancer lsst week,was fighting breast cancer 2 years ago.Since investigation and tests I am off sick from work since end of May.Since end of May still nothing happened.I am feeling fed up and tired.i used to be an active person now more and more often I don't even want to leave the house.I feel have pain everywhere.i was started to think positive that treatment will help me but now I am getting down.I am feeling more and more sick even vomiting phlegm and can't sleep.

I am fed up to do this again.whats the point of having treatment if they say it's "only"treatable and if comes back.

• , please go and see your GP to get some help to deal with your feelings. You can't do this alone. Please don't struggle. Let us know how you get on. You can do this.

noswad1
    Where there's hope, there's life!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to noswad1

Hello.hmmmmmm my GP has never appointment for me so don't know where to go or get motivation again.I have my good days but I am fed up nobody cares.my husband cares but I am fed up hearing all will be o.it never wil be ok.

• Hi again , do you have a nurse practitioner at your surgery that you can talk to? Sometimes it's easier to talk to one of them than get an appointment with your GP. Or do you have a nurse linked to your recent diagnosis? Keep talking to us too, we are all here for each other. You have helped me by persuading me to talk to my BCN about getting more tests. Currently awaiting a phone call and worried that it's all going to go tits up (or maybe tit singular?!!). Chin up, my friend's sister-in-law was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer and told that she had 18 months, and 28 years later, she is still alive and kicking. YOU CAN DO THIS! Keep fighting, . 

noswad1
    Where there's hope, there's life!
  • Yes I think your sort of right it will never be the same BUT you still have the same life you had before cancer i found it helped me after my diagnosis of lung and chest cancer to stay focused on my normal life and deal with problems as they come I'm on immunotherapy at the minute and it is going well I'm writing this on a balcony in Scotland on my happy holidays don't give up or give in stay strong you will get past the dark days xxxxxxxx

Poppy
  • Hi

Contact your Consultant and explain how you feel and that you can't get access to your GP. Most hospitals have on-site counsellors and/or Clinical Psychologists, so your Consultant may be able to refer you to see someone you can talk to and who will be able to help you find/develop your own coping strategies. 

Kegsy x

"If you are going through hell, keep going" ; Sir Winston Churchill
    " Cancer may take my life; however it will not become my life" Kegsy August 2011