Lung cancer spread to the trachea

• 1 reply
  • 105 subscribers

Having had my top lobe removed on the 5th of february due to nscll.

They discovered I had cancer also in the lymph node 13 next to the TUMOUR-   but other nodes clear -  They are now saying I have precancerous cells on the trachea so I am undergoing a 12 wk course of chemo. 

My initial diagnosis seemed so straight forward - remove the lobe of my rh lung. I had a pet/cat scan on the 20th of December this showed only one red area - the tumour in the lung. However I then had to have an ebus test........ this was a disaster- 3/4 of an hour into the procedure my legs and arms shot up vertically - it took 4 of them to hold me down on the table. I am convinced that this is how my cancer has spread to trachea. I was not sedated correctly and heard everything that was said during the procedure.

Has any one else ever experienced this kind of experience?

Cathy

• Hi Cathy

So very sorry that there are early signs of cancer in the trachea. The positive is that these a pre-cancer cells, have been found very early and are to be treated to prevent them progressing to the next stage.

Of course I am no expert but I can't see how the events of the EBUS has caused the precancerous cells. However if you are convinced then please discuss this possibility with your Oncologist so that the EBUS experience concerns do not hold you back from any future procedures.

Good luck with the chemo.

Kegsy x

"If you are going through hell, keep going" ; Sir Winston Churchill
    " Cancer may take my life; however it will not become my life" Kegsy August 2011