Ugh!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 15 replies
  • 105 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

So my treatment this week was delayed again because my white blood cell count was below minimum ( 2nd time in a row). I have an appointment for next Thursday with bloods again on Wednesday.  Yesterday got a phone call at 4.00pm from a private hospital telling me I had an appointment for a CAT scan today at  6.30pm!

I am trying to carry on as normal and get on with my life, but the cancer gremlins keep me firmly in their claws and make sure that I can plan nothing for more than a few days ahead. 

Luckily I managed to get a few days away in Merida ( Extramadura ) last week and thoroughly enjoyed the break.  

Wishing you all the best 

Albondigas x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey Albondigas

Sorry that your bloods were too low again. Pesky bloods, there is not a lot we can do 'naturally' to pick them up. There are forever taking mine and they always come back saying my hemaglobion (sp) red cell count and wbc and neutrapholis (sp) are too low but never do anything about it.

That was prompt for a scan, but yes it's those surprise appointments that really catch you unawares. I do hope it goes well and gives you good results that this chemotherapy is doing the job.

We just want to be normal don't we. How rude of cancer to interfere with out lives. I too am the same when booking say some time off work. I always think, hmm do I want to use too much of my holiday near the beginning of the year or should I save some for any potential treatment.

Really good you snuck in a sneaky break last week and enjoyed it. That's what we all need to keep doing.

Crossed fingers for the scan results.

• Hi Albondigas 

What a pain with your bloods. Hope they are better next week. Good that you managed a little break. I’ve just looked at Merida on trip advisor out of interest, it looks very Roman, must be a lot of history there x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Hi Chelle, 

The roman ruins are the only reason to be there, this part of Spain is very isolated and feels it - no major towns and very isolated villages, the romans made it their regional capital and hardly anybody visited since - hence lots of roman ruins and artefacts! 

Albondigas x 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Everyone, 

Got my treatment today, bloods were perfect.  Do have to inject myself for 3 days after today to boost my white blood cell count again.  No results back from the scan  - oncologist is chasing and will ring me. I told her I was worried because nothing seemed to be working and she said " you feel fine and we have many things we haven't tried yet ". I wish I had her optimism!

Wishing you all the best 

Albondigas x 

• Hi Albondigas 

Im glad all was ok and you had your treatment. Annoying about the scan results though. Hopefully you will hear soon x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Albondigas,

Great that you got your treatment, pity about the injections but as usual if it’s got to be done it’s got to be doneRolling eyes

Im sure the scan will be fine, it’s just the damn waiting. 

Julie
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Justme19

hi Albondigas  glad to hear you have finally had your treatment. can be such a pain this illness. glad you have got such a upbeat ornacologist. TC

• FormerMember

Glad to hear things are going your way now. 

Take care 

Colin i

• FormerMember

Glad you managed to have your treatment.

Pleased to hear you feel fine Albondigas. Crossed fingers those results back up how you feel.

• FormerMember

Hi Everyone, 

Back home after my few days in Cadiz, lovely city and beaches, good food and loads of places to see.

Yesterday I had the phone call from the oncologist ( after waiting nearly 3 weeks  ) the treatment is working and all the nodules have shrunk , so they will continue the treatment and I have 3 more sessions to take me to 8 in total. 

Albondigas x