First CT Scan with Contrast tommorrow

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 103 subscribers

Hey guys,

Well I delayed it by a week but the scan is tomorrow and I'm really scared, could you let me know what to expect please? I will be driving just over an hour there and back.

I feel like this could be the end of life as I know it....or, I guess, there is a chance it could be good news.

Please no nasty comments. I've just about recovered enough from the last one.

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi laineee  think your been a bit dramatic.  we all have to go though it. i have one every 3 months see how i am doing. maybe think you should have someone with you if you feel so vulnerable   tc  over in no time. you will feel a hot flush though your body when they put the dye in. doesn't hurt if you are traveling back on your own i think you need give it a hr break first. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I'm sorry you find my fear dramatic...time to delete this account. I have never had a CT scan before, nor have I had cancer. All the best.

• FormerMember

Laineee  we are all in the same boat. never get through this if not strong,   we all had ct first time/ lung cancer first time.

• FormerMember

I'm not strong. My point. I have no support thus came here yet everytime I post I'm critisised for being me. Can you help with how to delete this account please?

• FormerMember

Thus my post...for support. But hey, I'm being DRAMATIC. Thanks that helped a lot...oh no I'm sobbing. Why be so horrid? Just because you guys are cancer veterans doesn't mean you can look down and laugh at the newbies...this is our LIVES! 

• FormerMember

no one is laughing at you Laineee but the more you post the more dramatic you appear to be. 

• FormerMember

good night

• FormerMember

Well it won't be will it...I didn't even know about the dye. But hey, I'm DRAMATIC. How DARE I ask for advice when you guys are better than me because you've had cancer for longer. 

• FormerMember

So being scared our of my mind is DRAMATIC to you? 

• FormerMember

Laineee  they must of gave you sheet with what to expect on your CT with contrast.  ?                                     Contrast material. A special dye called contrast material is needed for some CTscans to help highlight the areas of your body being examined. The contrastmaterial blocks X-rays and appears white on images, which can help emphasize blood vessels, intestines or other structures.