Lung Cancer

A support group for anyone affected by lung cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Lung Chatty Thread

kacirh
Posted by

Hi Varmint,

Its good to hear from you. poor you two hospitals !!! at least both my teams are at the same one , mind that doesn't mean they're talking to each other lol.

I will PM you about the allowance thing.

Bit like you feeling well and hoping it will last for some time yet and hoping to manage whatever happens as well as possible.

Take care xx.

Kacirh  
darlo
Posted by

hi Kacirh  thank you for your post and everyone else. thats my treatment finished now. got appointment for 11th nov to see if radiotherapy worked or not. until then will put to the back of my mind.  TC all hope we are all doing well.

Derek

onwards and upwards
darlo
Posted by

hi vermont. i just let macmullan nurse at hospital do all the filling in. says i will have badge with in a week. the other was attendance allowance as over pension age. if none at your hospital try CAB as some conected to that. maybe he was turned down for mobility allowance as need to be under pension age?TC

Derek

onwards and upwards
darlo
Posted by

lucky that my hospital carpark owned by town, free parking if on chemo. as even with blue badge you have to pay. just reserved parking.

Derek

onwards and upwards
Justme19
Posted by

Hi Darlo,

Glad today went well for you, if the radiotherapy  has worked will you go back on your immunotherapy, I thought they were carrying on with it.

Hope you’re feeling ok in yourself today

Julie
darlo
Posted by

yes julie still getting immunapherapy until he sees if radiotherapy worked. he says some studys show it working. we have to wait and see 11th nov i think. 

Derek

onwards and upwards
darlo
Posted by

hoping for a good news week from the group. think we are due one,     thats been me since that large dose of radiotherapy/ decided today is work day. turning dining room into workshop for the day. 

Derek

onwards and upwards
Ginajsy
Posted by

Good to hear that you are feeling a bit less snozzy today Darlo, what are you planning to create in the dining room? Do remember to take it easy, you do not want to use all your new found energy.

Apple crumble - My brother and I were reminiscing about our favourite cake that my gran used to get us from the bakery when she went to town. The bakery closed years and years ago and I have never seen the cake since.

Last week he got some things for the shop for me, with some jam  doughnuts. I hate custard, so many deserts have been ruined by it. So the jam doughnuts turned out to be custard  shop error.

He later turned up with a box, told me to look in it and he had found my favourite cake from my childhood! He had spotted it in a bakery near him recently and went by to get me one. I think they are called marzipan bars. They are basically Battenberg with the ends dipped in chocolate. It was very slightly different to the other bakers but tasted so good. I will post a picture of it. I will have to send him back for more.

Gina

There are no perfect people, only perfect intentions

♬I should've been more than this, I was gonna be something big, But I never did anything at all ♬ Dan Owen - Icarus
Robert C
Posted by

is this the cake

helen

darlo
Posted by

got me feeling hungry now   bought some trellis out of garden to tidy up and paint. wife not impressed. got garage but full of junk. wife likes to moan, i have put news paper over the dining room table. 

Derek

onwards and upwards
Justme19
Posted by

Hi All,

Just having a well deserved cup of coffee. My brother, sister-in-law and their 3 children have been here this afternoon, they have been to Portugal for half term and landed at Manchester airport so came here for lunch. I bought 2 chickens for dinner and spent ages trying to decide wether to cook them together or not (not the best cook) so decided to be on the safe side and not give them all food poisoning to cook them separately, so ended up getting up at 6.30 this morning to start cooking - who in their right mind - So I am now sitting trying to find the strength and the willpower to tackle all these dishes.

Darlo, It’s good to hear you are feeling a bit better but I’m sorry you would not have put paper over my dining room, never mind paint in it

Gina, my poor stomach had just recovered from dinner and I come on here and there are cakes everywhere hope the bloods go ok tomorrow can’t wait to hear if it worked

Ellen, any news on your scan results yet

Not feeling very artistic just putting off doing these damned dishes - wouldn’t mind I’ve got a dishwasher

Julie
Ginajsy
Posted by

Hi Helen

I think they are a similar idea to those cakes. The ones I am thinking of a larger and more of an oblong. They literally are battenbergs with just the sides dipped in chocolate. I think you likely can only get them from bakeries, rather than a pre prepared packet. Aren't I a food snob?

Darlo sorry, but I think your wife has good reason to moan. I expect she has been shaking her head to herself muttering what an earth is he up to now!

What are you like Julie! Bless, surely a chicken only takes an 90 minutes to cook each. Well the prepared ones I get from the co-op do. I am sure the lunch was lovely and it was good to catch up. Even if there was likely potential seemingly endless bragging about their holidays. They could have at lease offered to wash up as you cooked. Too soft Julie. Put them to soak and do them tomorrow. Crack open a celebratory drink instead, you know you want to.

I am craving a roast, once this weeks treatment and exhausting side effects, I will try and make one.

Gina

There are no perfect people, only perfect intentions

♬I should've been more than this, I was gonna be something big, But I never did anything at all ♬ Dan Owen - Icarus
chellesimo
Posted by

All these cakes! I’m on a diet you know.

Darlo I bet your trellis looks lovely now, not sure about the dining room though.

Julie, all I can say is, why oh why did your sister in law not wash up? I agree with Gina, let it wait til the morning now. 

I’m getting very anxious about this mammogram now. I’m just glad I will get the results the next day. 

Chelle 

Justme19
Posted by

Gina,

I am not dirtying the oven as well cook in the bag stuffed chicken 1hr 50minutes

Julie
Justme19
Posted by

Chelle, 

You don’t know my sister in law - she’s French for a start she breezes in and she breezes out

please try not to get worked up about the mammogram - OK, OK, I heard what you called me

If you’ve got an appointment the day after surely that must be for the results, what else would it be for - I’m hoping so

Julie