Lung Cancer

A support group for anyone affected by lung cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Lung Chatty Thread

Artemisa
Posted by

I've been absent from the forum for a couple of weeks and am sorry to read that some members have been having a few problems and that others are anxious about results.  No matter how often we are told, we cannot help but be nervous & impatient to know what's happening on our journey.  I can only reiterate that it is normal to be upset and unable to settle to anything whilst you are in limbo with tests.

On a slightly different tack, I've been away for a couple of weeks on holiday in Italy.  (MIA travel insurance was excellent - yes, I did post on the Travel Insurance Group..).

Whilst I was away I purposely didn't look at the forum and found that I forgot about my cancer.  (I am fortunate at the moment because I do not have much in the way of symptoms to remind me).  I think that a change of scene is good for all of us if we can manage it, albeit an afternoon out or going away for a few days if possible.  Sometimes just discovering what is near where you live can be interesting & distracting.

I had wanted to post a picture to help cheer you all up, but fumble-fingers coupled with a new laptop didn't prove possible to do so.  I do not post here a great deal but do like to check & see how everyone is.

With good wishes & kind thoughts to all in this particular corner of the community.

Artemisa

darlo
Posted by

hi all how are we doing?  i think i am picking up pain subsided a bit. got treatment this thursday. bloods tuesday my arm still bruised from last week. TC

Derek

onwards and upwards
chellesimo
Posted by

Glad you are feeling a little better Darlo. Are you like me, you only have one good vein for blood tests? X 

Chelle 

darlo
Posted by

yes chelle going to be a nightmare.     just read article re immunotherapy cured 78 yr old. put up if interested.   https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7045013/Grandfather-77-given-just-weeks-live-makes-miracle-recovery-taking-new-drug.html

Derek

onwards and upwards
darlo
Posted by

Derek

onwards and upwards
chellesimo
Posted by

I did see the article, it’s wonderful isn’t it. I hope it helps many, many more people too. 

Chelle 

Justme19
Posted by

Helloooooooo

Well I missed you all this morning, I actually slept late this morning, you had all been and gone when I got here We’ll I’ve had a busy day, did my Morrison’s shop online, took the elderly lady over the road around to the care home to see her hubbie, did a bit of weeding, went back later to pick her back up,did a bit more weeding, had my tea and now I’m having a cup of tea watching Antiques Roadshow. Glad you’re feeling a bit better Darlo, Chelle I was thinking haven’t you got a birthday coming up soon as well? Feel better myself today - probably cos I moved off this chair

Julie
chellesimo
Posted by

Wow look at you Julie. I feel tired just reading about how busy you’ve been.

My big 50 is the first week in July. We’ve got a little holiday before that. A week cruising to Spain and Guernsey. I still have to sort the travel insurance, but that’s always a pain, a whole day phoning companies trying to get the best deal. 

We are watching mid summer murders but I’m a bit lost with it. We had sky tv connected on Friday, and I can talk to my telly to turn over channels, pause etc. How lazy is that! It’s fab.

Chelle 

darlo
Posted by

fantastic to hear your both doing good. like the tele idea. julie you have done bril today. you deserve a glass of wine TC

Derek

onwards and upwards
Justme19
Posted by

I’ll be watching midsummer murders @ 9 on itv+1, I like him. How posh are you - talking to your telly - don’t be giving me any ideas, that’s the only exercise I get, reaching for the remote Is it just you & your OH going on the cruise or is there a group of you. 

Julie
darlo
Posted by

chelle. regards insurance. the cruise  adds a lot. read that cost of helicopter to mainland £40k if needed 

Derek

onwards and upwards
Justme19
Posted by

Do you know what Darlo, after I have taken this mithering  hound out for a walk I think I might have a Baileys - that’s the best I can do, got no wine in

Julie
darlo
Posted by

julie new programme starting 9.0pm bbc.  wife cant wait.   Gentleman jack

Derek

onwards and upwards
chellesimo
Posted by

Just me and other half. He deserves a holiday after all the work he’s done on the house since we moved in. It’s nearly finished, just flooring to sort downstairs.

Yes Derek the cost of airlifting you off the ship is just not worth the risk of not being insured. And you have to make sure the insurance covers cruises. 

Oooh baileys.....I think I have some chocolate Bailey left over from Christmas.

Think we are going to give gentleman Jack a go, based on a true story I believe. 

Chelle 

Ginajsy
Posted by

Hello All

I am alive! Internet at the hospital stopped Friday. Today now I'm leaving it is working. 

I am starting to travel home today. I leave at lunch time and get the train from London to Portsmouth. I stay at the Premier Inn. Then I'm on the all day boat to Jersey, so I arrive Wednesday night home.

All done at last. I will slowly catch up.on what I have missed. I hope you are all well?

Hopefully speaking sense again. One of the tumours was growing where it affects your speech and language... well that's my excuse.

Gina

There are no perfect people, only perfect intentions

♬I should've been more than this, I was gonna be something big, But I never did anything at all ♬ Dan Owen - Icarus