Lung Cancer

A support group for anyone affected by lung cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Latest results

borderc
Posted by

Thank you all for your kind words of support for myself and Albondigas has we come off immunotherapy and move forwards, also for hugs, much appreciated it means a lot

!ove to all

Margaret

Albondigas
Posted by

Hi darlo, 

Don't feel guilty it's your results that will keep them using the treatment ,and that will benefit many people . The new chemo is kicking in now as I am struggling to stay awake. 

Hi Margaret ,

So sorry to hear that you are out of options. It seems crazy when you are feeling well .

Have you considered a trial or a second opinion from another hospital? There seem to be alot of mix and match existing drug trials at the moment. 

Albondigas x 

If I leave no trace behind in this fleeting world 
What then could you reproach? 
                                                       from   Genji Monogatari 
MyLove
Posted by

Hi to you both

i hope you don’t mind me commenting on your post just seen it on the home page. I am truly truly gutted for you  and I pray the new treatment works for you Albondigas and hopefully you can get on a trail else we’re Margret.

Ive not long lost my sister to lung cancer and done a post in here the other day with names I found of the lovely people on this site that have help and comforter her without you all knowing when she’s needed it. there was about 25 to 30 names on the note and she did right and so many more beautiful people. I thought bless her she’s probably got so tired writing names down but she’s took great comfort in you all.  

You both helped our Cathrine so much and many others on this site so hopefully you get some good news so you can carry on doing what you both do being so amazing upbeat and inspirational people to everyone on here and with a heavy heart I say this bit and for any new people that unfortunately may have to join this site 

big hugs to you Jane X

Ginajsy
Posted by

You are welcome to post in this group anytime you like Jane

I hope you are doing as well as can be at such a difficult time.

Gina

There are no perfect people, only perfect intentions

♬I should've been more than this, I was gonna be something big, But I never did anything at all ♬ Dan Owen - Icarus
MyLove
Posted by

Thanks Gina 

Not doing to bad tbh I feel we are all still in the shock stage of grieving like it’s not real. 

I meant to say on the above post my sister had quite a few illnesses so couldn’t have treatment. I know you know this from my previous post but just incase anyone sees this post that never seen my last one. I don’t want to bring anyone down who is fighting this horrendous disease Catherine had a number of illnesses and battled them all for years.  she was just to exhausted betime she was diagnosed with lung and liver cancer to fight that illness she was already very weak from previous illnesses.

there is so much hope and treatments and plan Bs out there now to fight this illness and you guys are proof of this x

Albondigas
Posted by

Hi Jane 

Thank you for the kind words and you are welcome to post on the site. It was of great comfort to us that your sister was using our experiences and fears expressed on here to help her with her own condition .

We need the optimism and hope that the success stories give us and the difficult tales of the people who haven't just got the right type of cancer to benefit .

Stay with us and keep contributing when you are happy to do so. 

Wishing you all the best 

Albondigas x 

If I leave no trace behind in this fleeting world 
What then could you reproach? 
                                                       from   Genji Monogatari 
chellesimo
Posted by

Hi Margaret

sorry to hear that the immunotherapy didn’t work for you either. I was reading this morning that it only works successfully for 1 in 5, which is not good news. 

Darlo I am so happy you are remaining stable, and completely understand you feeling guilty. I feel like that a lot when I read what people have to go through on their treatment, and I feel like a fraud as I am on hormone treatment which has its side effects, but nothing compared to what others have to go through. 

Jane, I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. It sounds like she didn’t have an easy time with her health. 

Spring really is on its way with the daffodils already showing in my garden, and that always makes me feel better.

Have a blessed weekend. 

Chelle 

collywobble
Posted by

Hi Albondigas  so sorry to hear that you have been taken off treatment. . My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope they can have a new plan for you .take care .

Something inside so strong.