Lung Cancer

A support group for anyone affected by lung cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Latest results

Albondigas
Posted by

Hi everyone, 

I can now add immunotherapy to the list of treatments that fail to work for me. 

My nodules have doubled in size in the 6 months and a new nodule has appeared .  No more immunotherapy for me. Went back to the hospital this morning for 1st treatment of Carbo/taxol chemotherapy . I am due to have 6 treatments and it's a hair destroyer, so I will look like I've got cancer which I have managed to avoid until now. 

Was pretty upset yesterday but not surprised , I think I have " weapons grade  " cancer cells that defeat all the opposition .

I shall carry on as normal and see what side effects I get. Spookily I had to cancel a hairdresser appointment this morning to attend hospital  - I think a pixie cut next week!

ANOTHER BEGINNING ............

Albondigas x 

If I leave no trace behind in this fleeting world 
What then could you reproach? 
                                                       from   Genji Monogatari 
Ginajsy
Posted by

O Albondigas

I was all set to like that in anticipation of it being good news and it is not 

I am sorry you have had growth. But at least you got the scan to know it's not for you and that you didn't continue on a fruitless treatment.

They have moved fast to already effect a new plan.

Balls also about the hair. Usually they don't give us ones that do that but you must be special of course. Least fate was kind also that you didn't spend a load on a haircut before you knew.

I am sure you will rock the new hair and can also buy some bandannas etc to try. I got some assuming I would loose mine. I kept them as a just in case future treatments. Don't forget to get some sleep hoods too. Spring is on the way at least rather than winter.

These are rare from me, I only give them when I feel they are especially needed so they mean more. But... here is a massive hug from me

Gina

There are no perfect people, only perfect intentions

♬I should've been more than this, I was gonna be something big, But I never did anything at all ♬ Dan Owen - Icarus
 ellie68
Posted by

Hi Albondigas

Sorry to hear this, but glad you have started another treatment. Hopefully the side effects if any will be tolerable.

Wish You Well

Take Care Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone"

chellesimo
Posted by

Hi Albondigas 

I’ve been waiting with anticipation to see you post about your latest scan results. Sorry to say I swore quite loudly when I read the immunotherapy hasn’t worked for you. Like Gina said, better to find out now than continue unnecessarily. Good to see they have been very efficient and you have started your first chemo already. 

Sorry this means you will lose your hair. I’ve not had chemo yet, but I have had alopecia from my hormone therapy so I do understand a little. 

As you say, another beginning, a new challenge, and I know you’ll face this head on and do amazing. 

Xx 

Chelle 

Poppy1955
Posted by

Stay strong don’t slip to negative thoughts you will start a new beginning and kick it if with a killer new looks.i am still waiting for treatment to start  but I have to to have a investigation op as it’s on my windpipe and top right lobe but there is no appointment until end of March it’s been along 12weeks but like you I’m strong but it’s easy to slip down those low moodxxxxxgood luck

Poppy
Poppy1955
Posted by

Stay strong don’t slip to negative thoughts you will start a new beginning and kick it if with a killer new looks.i am still waiting for treatment to start  but I have to to have a investigation op as it’s on my windpipe and top right lobe but there is no appointment until end of March it’s been along 12weeks but like you I’m strong but it’s easy to slip down those low moodxxxxxgood luck.   Poppys

Poppy
Albondigas
Posted by

Thank you Chellle, Ellie , Gina and Poppy for your encouragement and I'm bouncing back as I write this.  Gina thanks for reminding me about sleep hoods, and the rare hug. 

A friend who lives 2hours away has gone mad! I told her today and she has bombarded me on WhatsApp with options off the internet.  I told her the hats/wig I liked and she said " I have ordered them and as soon as they arrive I'm bringing them to you ". Some people are just desperate to see you bald!

Albondigas x

from   Genji Monogatari 
borderc
Posted by

Hi Albondigas 

So Sorry immunotherapy did not work for you, it was the same for me, I was taken off atezolizumab a couple of weeks ago due to further growth in my primary and secondaries, it is a shock when you first hear this news but they have started you quickly on another treatment 

I really hope this combo will show some good results for you

Love Margaret 

Albondigas
Posted by

Hi Margaret ,

Yes they don't mess about at this hospital ,it would have been the same day as the result but there wasn't enough time left for the 5 hour infusion so it was back at 9am next day. 

Where I live everyone assumes you will endure everything to stay alive so they don't ask they tell . Catholic countries huh!

Are you on a different treatment yet? Have they given you any options? 

The shock factor is diminishing with every failure, but like you it is disconcerting that the new wonder treatment doesn't work and we go backwards on treatment options .

Wishing you all the best 

Albondigas x 

from   Genji Monogatari 
DFY
Posted by

Hi Albondigas, saddened to hear immunotherapy isn’t working for you, thankfully though the fab NHS and researchers have more “weapons” in the artillery....here’s another big hug, love and Best Wishes. Xx

borderc
Posted by

Hi Albondigas 

Yes certainly a quick turnaround moving to a new treatment, so much more efficient than the nhs here

No, unfortunately there are no more treatment options for me I have exhausted all chemo options and now immunotherapy, like you I had such high hopes for this new drug  

Took me a few weeks to get my head round it, seems so strange having no more hospital appointments, scans and treatments to go too, my hospice doctors and nurses will be my point of contact now, but am still feeling not to bad and hopefully spring is just around the corner  

I really hope this chemo is kind to you and you soon have some great new hairstyles and hats to make you feel a million dollars 

Love Margaret 

DFY
Posted by

Hi Margaret...I’m so sorry to read immunotherapy hasn’t worked for you either, big hug, love and Best Wishes. Xx

Ginajsy
Posted by

To be fair Albondigas, it sounds like your friend is trying her best to not see you bald 

Margaret I am sorry to read that you also are not having the results we want from treatment. Spring is certainly around the corner and no matter what this lifts my spirits, I hope it does for you too. Today was the first day this year I dared to put my horse out without a rug on. He thanked me by ensuring he rolled in the mud that has not yet dried out. Kind aren't they?

Not to weaken the rarity of my hugs, I do believe you are fully due one too here

Gina

There are no perfect people, only perfect intentions

♬I should've been more than this, I was gonna be something big, But I never did anything at all ♬ Dan Owen - Icarus
darlo
Posted by

O Albondigas  sorry to hear you have been taking off treatment.  feeling guilty as I seem to be the only one staying stable.  hope they can come up with new plan.   

Derek

onwards and upwards
darlo
Posted by

hi Margaret  sorry to hear you have been taking off treatment. hope new plan is  worked out for you.. 

Derek

onwards and upwards