Lung Cancer

A support group for anyone affected by lung cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Lung cancer cough

vincent123
Posted by

Doctor would not prescribe coding but said that co-codamol would help me so I got some from chemist and it do now seem a little better That's the cough,

vincent123
Posted by

Hi everyone, I have just had a hand held fan delivered to see if it helps me get my breath and first impressions are good anyone else use one of these the info came from the booklet Macmillian nurses sent me, I was thik

nkin of putting one of the big fans in front of my walking machine to blow air at my face as I do want to use the walking machine What do you think of that idea, it is just over 2 weeks since I had my biopsy and am still waiting to see the oncologist as I still had no treatment they have told me it is the none aggressive type ?

please write back Thanks.

Ginajsy
Posted by

Hi Vincent

I am glad the hand held fan seems to be helping you.

I am not sure about the fan and walking machine advice, please can I suggest  you ask this in the ask a nurse section just to be sure you get the best advice. Now if they give the go ahead, do not get carried away and visualise yourself in a music video with the wind in your hair 

It does seem to be taking a while for your oncologist meeting to happen which is frustrating. If they can comment on type, it does sound like they have the biopsy results back. I wonder if they are suggesting that you have Non small cell lung cancer. I will post a link here with further information about lung cancer here for you to read a bit about.

I hope they send you an appointment details this week for you. I know it all takes time of course to organise the plan, but I think they forget sometimes there is a patient waiting very anxiously for that plan. It does take time to start that plan too. I think we all envisage, seeing a GP, getting a test done and results and plan much quicker than the weeks it actually takes unfortunately. You will, I am sure be sent off to start your plan before you know it. For us at the time it feels like an eternity, in hindsight it never feels like it really was that long.

Best wishes for 'the plan'

Gina

There are no perfect people, only perfect intentions

♬I should've been more than this, I was gonna be something big, But I never did anything at all ♬ Dan Owen - Icarus
vincent123
Posted by

Thanks Ginajsy, yes I will get advice tomz re walking machine but I must say the little hand held fan has helped as I was unable to get up the stairs or garden path without great diffeculty  how long it lasts we shall see I have ordered a stairlift !

Thankyou.

darlo
Posted by

hope you have ordered rented one. save ££ and hassle if moving or not needed anymore.

Derek

onwards and upwards
Ginajsy
Posted by

Like it Darlo

Love a frugal man

Gina

♬I should've been more than this, I was gonna be something big, But I never did anything at all ♬ Dan Owen - Icarus
Maggie just Maggie
Posted by

Hi hinny I like you waiting on results of needle biopsy..I have started coughing last couple of days.. thought might be a cold.. paracetamol.and jakemans menthol sweets seem to be working..plu pi drink lots of water... menthol seems to open the airways..x

darlo
Posted by

y gina   had relation who ordered one. approx. £7k  died before been installed.had to pay all of it.

Derek

onwards and upwards
Cazonlymee
Posted by

Just to let you know ...dad ( Vincent) passed away peacefully on the 22nd February . at home xx 

Maggie just Maggie
Posted by

So sad to hear hinny..RIP Vincent..xx

Michelley
Posted by

So sad I’m so sorry x

Ginajsy
Posted by

Hi Cazonlymee

I am so sorry to read that your Dad passed away. I hope you are doing ok and getting any support you need at this very difficult time. There is your GP or you can call here 0808 808 00 00 to put you in touch with anything you may need.

Thank you for letting us know about Vincent.

Take care 

Gina

Poppy1955
Posted by

Rest in peace Vincent so sad for your familyx

Poppy
collywobble
Posted by

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Please take care. In my prayers. 

Colin.

Something inside so strong.

Ina Vest
Posted by

Dear Cazonlymee

My deepest sympathy to you and the rest of the family.  So sorry to hear that your Dad Vincent has passed away.  Take care and take time to grieve 

Ina Vest x