Lung Cancer

A support group for anyone affected by lung cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Coming of Pembro

72Pembro
Posted by

You are right it is early stages for Pembro. But seems like a few of us getting to the 2 years now. I havent found anything alternative as yet. But i will keep asking about pembro. Do not get alot of answers from oncologist when i push. Not sure if he just feels awkward or honestly doesnt know.

If i find out anything i will let you. Be great if you could do the same. Hope you Mum does ok and stays well

Mick

clem1
Posted by

Hi all been following chat & I am in the same boat 1 year so far with good results been told 2 years and that's it. I suppose private is an option with good advise, think its £6000-a cycle. I know Merk Sharpe ie Pembro cost for nice was halved for 2 year trial per qualifying patients, PDL1 markers, maybe keeping this in public eye would give us more info & hope for the future, wish u all well & good luck cheers Clem1

72Pembro
Posted by

Hi Clem,

That is what i want to do  . Make it more public news. Neee to get a few of us together to see what we could all do

Mick

clem1
Posted by

Hi 72Pembro, it seems hard at the moment to get a good reason for the treatment to end post 2years no matter what.my oncologist told me there is no evidence to warrant continuing after 2 year, but as this treatment is fairly new for LC this seems a little confusing.He originally hinted that with other companies competing with keytruda that they hoped to drive down costs, but now this has changed. As some newspapers have sung the praises of this treatment maybe they should know what is changing? yours Clem1 

72Pembro
Posted by

Exactly what i was thinking. Im in Surrey, where in uk are you?

clem1
Posted by

I am Hertfordshire