Small cell

• 13 replies
  • 145 subscribers

Hi are there any small cell lung cancer patients in the group, feeling so alone here on the Wirral, I go to Clatterbridge cancer centre wirral I'm on 2nd line Topotecan anyone else on this treatment. 

• Best wishes for a nice weekend. Its a hard cancer to treat, i was told at the beginning inoperable and incurable, but treatment can give me more time, i just find it hard, my personality is to worry, so thats what i do. Next scan nov, so long wait. Take care

• November gosh you must be very stable for it to be November wow I wish I was in the same boat, are you stage 4, I was diagnosed last August it had spread to my liver and 3 lymph nodes in my chest, as I said it in remission but it's back now its makes me feel so lost and sad, may I ask what part of the country are you in x Cath 

• They dont usually grade sclc its either limited or spread. Mine was limited in right lung. I had a tumor.of 6.5cm, its shrunk to 17mm so huge reduction, i had 4.rounds of chemo and radiotherapy twice a day in the 2nd cycle so brutal, but has done.a good job. Unfortunately with sclc it is very aggressive and does come back.mine diagnosed last april quite by accident i felt fine, so big shock. I hope u can take hope from me, that ot can be treated. I am in hertfordshire. Look after yourself there is hope  dont google too much it is depressing.