Hello everyone...x

• 15 replies
  • 148 subscribers

I was informed on Thursday that following a recent chest x ray they have discovered a small nodule on my right upper lung - which they are thinking may be lung cancer - I couldn’t tell anyone until Friday evening as My husband works away from Monday to Friday and I wanted to share with him first.  The most awful 24 hours of my life. But now my husband knows I can at least share this burden..I am booked in for a CT scan on Wednesday at 12 and it just cannot come quickly enough for both of us... the waiting, not knowing is the hardest part...we have swung between complete despair and disbelief.  My greatest worry is sharing with my family - especially my 3 adult children but I know they need to know.  We aren’t going to share it with them until after the scan and we have more definite information as I want to protect them for as long as possible.

• Hi Helene1962, it is a blow that the cancer has returned but I'm doing my best to make sure it doesn't take over my life - easier some days than others. I'm tolerating the tablets well at the moment and still working so that's good. I hope you get some positive news after your scan x

• A Warm welcome from me as well Helene. My Dad had nodules that showed up in a X-ray, but thankfully were completely harmless. I pray you get the same result. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hello Chellesimo and thank you so much for that positive reply x I read your profile and realise that you have been on a very long journey indeed - I hope that you continue to remain stable and that you are feeling well x take care. I will let you all know any updates when I have more information x

• Morning everyone....woke up feeling happy as the sun was shining then it hit me like a huge wave that someone somewhere is looking at my CT scan and has the information that may change my life - feel so out of control and just a number/statistic.  I was told at the hospital that the results would go to my GP and I would be contacted - this morning I had an email from my GP surgery (following my Econsult request for information) that the hospital would contact me??!! Already makes me feel that the communication is rubbish...sorry for the miserable/angry post x

• Hi Helene1962 the waiting is torture. It is usual practice for the GP to be sent a copy of your scans and test results, however it is the hospital that would tell you the results, in all cases, good and bad. It is confusing, especially when you are ill informed. 

You certainly go through a whole wave of emotions during this time. You have every right to feel miserable, and here is exactly the right place to come and have a rant. 

I do hope they don’t keep you waiting too long for the results. Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, I don’t think we will see much if it this weekend x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge