We sadly lost mum ❤︎

• 11 replies
  • 109 subscribers

It's with great sadness that I find myself here writing this post. 

My dear mum sadly passed away on 30/4 aged just 52 after a very short 2.5month battle with metastatic stage 4 NSCLC. Leaving behind 3 kids, youngest age just 15 Sob

Its been the worst 3 weeks of my life. There are absolutely no words to describe how I feel. 

I wish you all well on your journeys and thank you all for the help and support along the way Heart

• Hi Samae94 I am so very sorry to hear this news.. You are right in that there are no words, but we are all thinking of you and your family. 

Sending hugs for now. xHugging

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Samai94 I'm new here, but my heart goes out to you and your family. X

• Am so very sad for you. This desease is evil... Heart️ 

• Hi samae, it seems like only yesterday i was talking to you about your mother, and why it was taking so long to get in front of the oncologist, today l here your dear mom has left us, So sad, but at least your still here , so head up samae and keep going, it will pass, you can do it 

• Hi Ronson!

Thank you for your kind words, it means a lot. It really does seem like only yesterday doesnt it. Your story gave us so much hope Heart️ I still thank you for that.

I've been wondering about you, how are you getting on? Xxxx

1. Hi Samae94, I'm so sorry to hear your news. My heart goes out to you all. Heart 
  • Such sad news Broken heart I hope you and your family find the strength to support each other through this heartbreaking time Broken heart. Sending love Two hearts to you all your family and friends xxx 

• Hi samae, condolences again for your mum, you asked how im doing, well im on Osimertinib/Tagrisso targeted therapy for stage 4 Adenocarcinoma, with mets to both hips, I was scared of loosing my mobility at just 46, but last week l had a bone scan, and it came back saying tumors resolved, and also in my ribs, only resadual trace, No new metastatic disease, l couldn't believe it, wow tagrisso is really working for me, the primary lung tumor has shrunk from 3.7cm to 1.4cm amazing stuff, so im back hiking again, and trying to shake this horrible depression and anxiety that comes with the cancer package deal, So Samae im doing good, and have 60% less cancer than 1 year ago, Be strong now for everyone, your mother wiil be proud,

• That is absolutely fantastic news!!!!  You keep going, you are absolutely smashing it. At what point will you be classed as 'in remission' xxx 

• I hope i see remission, but im also scared the meds im on will wear off, and l don't know what's after Osimertinib, because I've done chemo and immunotherapy as first line, but yeah got to keep going, thanks for your reply.