Mum - SCLC - Even more good news

• 15 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Just an update on Mum's progress round 4 of chemo complete and as she is doing so well on it with no side effects they have have offered her a further two - this time they will also add in Radiotherapy to the chest area. She really is looking great and the outlook is far better than the initial prognosis of 6 weeks to live without Chemo.

Mum has SCLC two tumours to right lung with mets to Lymph Nodes, Liver and Spine

• Hi Toppy,

That is fantastic news! You must be so happy and can have a positive outlook towards it all.

Wishing you all well and sending virtual positivity your way.

Lucie x 

• Thank you for sharing good news. I'm anxiously waiting on results on 2 lung lesions after having had bowel cancer last year so it encourages me to hear of treatment going well. Wishing all the best for your mum. 

• Hi Toppy

It is very positive news that your Mum's SCLC is responding to the chemo.  Do you know how many sessions of radiotherapy they are planning?

Kegsy x

"If you are going through hell, keep going" ; Sir Winston Churchill
    " Cancer may take my life; however it will not become my life" Kegsy August 2011
  • Not yet, they will re look at it after final Chemo. The asses what still required

• Aww Thank you - Good Luck on your results

• Hi Lucie, Thank you, we are.  How things with you xx

• We are OK thank you, things seem to be going in the direction we want at the moment, has been many bumps along the way. My Dad’s 4th chemo is a week on Tuesday, his immunotherapy will continue so I’m assuming he will be scheduled in for a scan in the next coming months. I think he looks really well considering what he’s going through.

xx

• Hello Toppy,

Glad to hear the good news! It gives me a lot of hope my mum, who's yet to begin her treatment for lung cancer.

Hope you and your mother are keeping well, wishing you both all the best.

• This is really good news Heart my mum was diagnosed with SCLC to lungs, lymph nodes and liver on Friday, my head is in a spin.  We have Christie’s appointment in 2 weeks, so hopefully we will have a better idea of what’s going to happen then.  Your post offers me hope, so pleased your mum is doing well x

• That sounds good, Just keep giving him hope.  My love to you and your Dad xx