Hi Everone

• 8 replies
  • 108 subscribers

Hope you are all staying safe and keeping well.

Would like to know what others are thinking in to regarding having this vaccine for this virus if offered it, would like your thoughts on it.

Very chilly today but have done a few windows so will not fill guilty when i sit down,

Take Care Elliexx

• Hi Ellie. We are all for the vaccine in our house. I think we need to do all we can to stay safe. My friends brother passed from covid on Friday. He was 33 and no underlying health conditions. For me at the moment, covid is more scary than the cancer. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Comparing the risks associated with not taking it vs taking it, it's a no-brainer.  Take it every time.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I agree with you 100%  As Someone who has been hospitalized with covid in April/May I would have it tomorrow if offered..... Having Covid is not nice 

Stay safe everyone 

• I agree with Ellie

having two people die from COVID scares me. I am 100% in favour of having the vaccine 

I have spoken to others who say they are not going to have it. I wonder what there opinion would be if they lost someone? God forbid they ever do, but still wonder

it is a scary place at the moment and if there’s hope regarding a vaccine, that can help protect us, yes it’s a no brainer

”Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning “(Albert Einstein)

Marie1964
  • Interesting ! We had this discussion last Thursday at our lung cancer meeting. Majority said yes they would have the vaccine......but I feel concerned as we have weakened immune systems so I just dont know!  Xxcathy

• I’ve lost track with the vaccines at the moment but my original thought was no, I’m not having it, not yet anyway it’s too soon, then I decided I wouldn’t be having it because I don’t want a live vaccine. The Oxford one however they are all talking about today isn’t a live vaccine and they seem to think it is suited for people with weakened immune systems, elderly people and people having cancer treatment, so I would probably go with that one.

Julie
  • There is also, amongst the 11 or 12 possibly viable vaccines, a further option for people like us with highly compromised immune systems which uses antibodies to fight the virus and I think that it will probably be the one that we will mostly get offered.

The current issue, as I see it at least, is that NONE of the POSSIBLE options has yet been licensed ad it is entirely possible that none will be...

So my personal position is to wait and see what options actually arise, then speak with my clinical onc and try to get an honest medical opinion from him.

Broadly speaking however, I am very much in favour of inoculation as we have seen that the Swedish attempt at herd immunity has failed abysmally and you only have to look at what is happening in the US to see what a lackadaisical approach will engender.

Also, I have been taking the Flu jab annually for 10+ years now with precious little side effects and that only has efficacy in the 50-60% range so to have potentially 90+% on the table is incredible and, if successful, could mean I get to do my bloomin' bucket list after all... (hahaha... couldn't resist!)

Stay Strong

SiT

Stay Strong

SiT

• What  if this new vaccine  helped our immune system  recognise  the cancer..think I understood  that sneaky cancer hides and our millions of year's old whatever t cells? Dont know its there!,, needs an update..xx