Liver cancer

A place for people affected by liver cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Elderly parent with Liver cancer - has eaten very little for 3 weeks

tigerstripe
Posted by

Has Jaundice and does not want eat at all and not drinking water very much either. We have tried to encourage but not ready to eat yet or too cold to eat.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your parent is not wanting to eat or drink at the moment. Have you spoken to their CNS to ask for advice?

If you're worried that they might be dehydrated don't hesitate to call your parent's GP or the NHS 111 out of hours service for advice.

You could also post a question here in ask a dietitian and the volunteer dietitian Alice will respond within 3 working days.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your parent's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?