Liver cancer

A place for people affected by liver cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Going through treatment alone

OldBob
Posted by

Hi .. I'm new here. I've 2 HCC being treated but it's the loneliness that's getting to me. I dropped into McMillans at local hospital & was politely told its for terminal patients. Where do I get support ?

buttercup01
Posted by

Hi OldBob,

Well, I hope u get a better welcome here than u did at your local Macmillan centre!

U will find ppl in the various groups are very supportive of each other, u can also ring the helpline on 0808 808 0000,  7 days a week 8am to 8pm

There's a group called Chat, if u want to talk about something other than cancer and The Room, if u want to just rant.

The other place u might try - should  u want to speak to someone  face to face -  is a Maggie's centre, if u have one nearby.

Hope that helps. Do post again if you need any more info n one of the Community champions will probably be along to welcome u properly. I'm just another menber who happened to spot your post. You might want to put a bit in your profile to save having to repeat yourself and so others know where you're coming from , as it were.

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
essgirl36
Posted by

Hello..wow I wasnt aware Macmillans was only for terminal patients...

Anyway I've got FLHCC (a variant of HCC) I've been dealing with it for over 10 years now so if you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out.

Best wishes in your treatment. Xx

latchbrook
Posted by

I noticed your post  and your reply saying that Macmillan are only for terminal patients and I'd like to reassure you that this is definitely not the case. 

I'm sure Macmillan would welcome the chance to investigate why you were told this  so please email them at community@macmillan.org.uk with the details of the hospital,etc where you were told that they only helped terminal patients.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?