Liver cancer

A place for people affected by liver cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Liver lesion

Pushamies
Posted by

Feeling concerned
Hope you don't mind me joining, im after your thoughts please.

Following my last survalience CT (bowel cancer) I have been told I have a 2cm lesion on my liver. Apparently the lesion was there at my first staging scan Feb 16, but they weren't concerned assuming it was a cyst and not a cancer spread. I have only just been told this.

My next scan a year later the lesion had not changed was still 1.5 cms in size, so no action taken.

My recent scan has shown that the lesion has grown and now measures 2cm, so I am booked to have an US on Tuesday.

I am aware there are many non cancerous lesions, however I am very worried that it may be a secondary cancer.

I don't have any symptoms other than the issues I'm left with following the chemo for BC.

Am I worrying about nothing or does this sound like a secondary caught early?

Will they be able to give me a rough idea at the scan or will I have to wait for my colorectal nurse to contact me?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online forums although I'm sorry you've had to find us.

Unfortunately I can't answer your question as I've just popped over from the melanoma group as I saw your post had gone unanswered. 

I can quite understand why you feel concerned, so if nobody on this group is able to reply you could join the bowel cancer and/or secondary liver cancer groups and post your question there as well. 

Alternatively you could ring the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 0000 and speak to one of their trained experts. It's free to call and available Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm.

I hope everything goes well with your scan tomorrow and you get some answers soon.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Pushamies
Posted by

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it xx

loomis
Posted by

Hi there. Im in england. With my scans they dont tell you there and then. Thats the Doctors job. When you see him. Write down before what you want to ask. As you will forget. 

Mine is bigger on my liver. Ive 7 tumours. I was told to go home and enjoy life.

Each month i have an injection to stop them hopefully getting bigger. But i dont think it availabe everywhere. Each injection is over £936. 

Anyway take care. Smile for me.

Derek.