Liver cancer

A place for people affected by liver cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Chronic fatigue after cancer liver surgery

India1
Posted by

Hi

I have had 2 major liver surgery operations the first one being the ALPPS procedure and the second one being the liver resection 5 months ago. I am cancer free now and my remnant liver is about 65% of what it use it be. But the progress over the last 5 months has been painfully slow with chronic fatigue and non existent energy levels. My consultants tell me that they can't give me any timescales as to how long it will take to get the life I once had back as it feels on hold at  the moment. As anyone else experienced this type of chronic fatigue after liver resection. I just need to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and one of these days I will wake up and feel normal again.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm afraid I can't answer your question having just popped over from the melanoma group as I noticed your post had gone unanswered. I've searched this group for you and found this thread discussing fatigue. It is from 2016 but might be of interest to you.

You may also like to join the life after cancer group now that you're cancer free. You may also find others there who have experienced the chronic fatigue you're struggling with.

I've also found this page on fatigue after liver cancer treatment which might give you some tips on helping to deal with it.

I hope you continue to progress with your recovery x