Kidney cancer

A place for people affected by kidney cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

More worries

Monicax2
Posted by
Im a bit worried now as dad (who has kidney cancer) in his left kidney has pain on the opposite side that goes up his back and into one shoulder blade, he says its always there and its v painful. surely the dr;s would have mentioned if there was a tumour in the other kidney or anywhere else since hes had the scans etc. he's worried about what the pain might be.
Any suggestions or similar experiences ?
warlock999p
Posted by
Hi Monica,
When your Dad had his ct scan they will have done his whole torso. The results of the scan would have shown any abnomality if one was present . The fact they havnt mentioned anything would suggest no tumour exists in the other side and the pain could be unrelated.
Monicax2
Posted by
That has put my mind to rest a bit for now. Thanks
Phil54x2
Posted by
My wife had the same just over 4 weeks ago....pain up other side ...we actually went to A&E .....it turned out to be Impaction in her bowells....is he constipated or has he been.....apparently if there is a little waste left in the bowel or colon it goes all the way down the right side .
hope this helps

Phil

Phil

Monicax2
Posted by
Strange you should mention that as my father said he wondered about his bowels the other day, also hes now had his nephrectomy on monday but keeps on getting very constipated.