We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Kidney cancer

A place for people affected by kidney cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

What questions should I ask?

buttercup01
Posted by

Thanks

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Study To Be Quiet
Posted by

Update: My op is scheduled for mid July with a telephone pre-assessment next week. I have to go in to the hospital for a blood test and have an appointment for a Covid-19 test  two days before admission. They are hoping to do a laproscopic nephrectomy. Any further advice much appreciated! 

LindseyTom
Posted by

Good Luck!!  In January 2019 my mother had a laparoscopic radical nephrectomy by robotics & her ureter was removed. She was then 74. She was only in hospital for three nights & had no pain. She then had four rounds of adjuvant chemo because she had grade 3 stage 3, but luckily N0 & M0, the tumour although it had grown, it was incapsulated. I wish you all the best