We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Kidney cancer

A place for people affected by kidney cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Kidney cancer mets to lung and brain

Oli 7
Posted by

Hi everyone i am just writing for my friend...her husband had his Kidney removed 3 weeks ago they told him after scan that he had slight spread to his lung anyway he was recovering after surgery and doing well and was home..last night he had a seizure and was brought to hospital they did a brain scan last night and said the cancer has spread to his Brain..they are getting in touch with another hospital on Monday and he will be having more scans...at the minute they know nothing...im wondering if any of you have any positive stories to give my friend any encouragement in the meantime i have posted on this site before and found it helpful.. thanks x 

buttercup01
Posted by

I had a brain met in 2013, discovered after an MRI coz I was having headaches.

I had cyberknife treatment on it. Three sessions of 20 mins.

I was on Pazopanib from then till 2016, when I had a treatment gap till 2019,going back on it in Oct 2019 when another met was found on my omentum. Everything had shrunk in Jan 2020 at my last scan. I await my next scan. 

I also know of others who've had gammaknife on their brain mets, eg who's doing really well with her follow up immunotheraphy.

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Oli 7
Posted by

Thanks so much for your reply i really appreciate it thank you

buttercup01
Posted by

You're welcome

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.