We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Kidney cancer

A place for people affected by kidney cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Pazopanib

buttercup01
Posted by

Yes, it does make your hair straight  

My natural hair is v curly n so far still is, after a treatment break, but I'm sure it'll soon go completely straight n much thinner too 

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Ian436
Posted by

I’m having a bad day. I have not had biopsy results yet, and the waiting is killing me emotionally. I just want to know what is going to happen next. I cannot get motivated to do anything.

Ian436
buttercup01
Posted by

Hi  Know what  u rmean re,waiting for results. I've just had a phone consultation with my oncologist. He was talking about when to do my next scans ( probably July). I hope things,are a lot safer by then.

Once you have the results,n some kind of treatment plan, you'll feel a lot easier. Meanwhile, can u find something to distract you? Not easy I know.

Here's a big hug to keep u going )),

Sue

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
sukiuk
Posted by

Hi Ian436

Chin up, I know exactly what you are going through it is crap, some good days when you feel everything is going fine but other days everything going through your head and the waiting is the worst. 

Had my scan for Radiotherapy on Monday had a letter yesterday for a full body scan on the 23 June and was posted the same day as my scan so thinking what is going on have they picked something else up as not had date for my treatment to go ahead.  Like Buttercup said try and do some thing to distract you, that is what I am doing.  It is a good job when have friends on here that have been through what we are going through and we can chat. 

Sue 

Ian436
Posted by

Thanks Sue, just feel so low, but once I know what’s happening that should be half the battle.

Ian. X

Ian436
sukiuk
Posted by

Hi Buttercup01

So your hair comes back after a treatment break, also your hair goes thinner on the treatment as well.  How do they decide that you can have  a treatment break, does that help.

Sue 

buttercup01
Posted by

Hi ,

I decide myself about treatment breaks - only a week at a time  n only every few months at a time. I've been on the meds for long enough that I know what I'm doing. Tho had a phone appointment with oncologist today, who again suggested I try 3 weeks on n 1 week off meds - to lessen side effects. Well, I would try but am put off by the fact I'm not having scans n so can't check all's OK.

My hair's currently thinner but still v curly.

Ian436
Posted by

Hi Sue, and Sue, I’ve found that single malt, cask strength whisky helps !

Ian

Ian436
buttercup01
Posted by

Glad you've found something that does! 

sukiuk
Posted by

Hi Ian

Now that is a good idea, why didn't I think of that.  How are you feeling this morning.

Sue 

sukiuk
Posted by

Hi Buttercup01

Cant get over that you dont have anymore scans, you really want to know what is going on in your body.  my Oncologist said I would be scanned every 3 months.  The annoying thing was after having my kidney out I was having scans every 6 months and the cancer showed up for the last 2 years but they did not say anything as they thought it was nothing to worry about it was only when I broke my hip that the surgeon thought something nasty was there and insisted another scan for him to look into it.  Did you loose weight on the treatment as they say that is another side efect.

Sue 

Ian436
Posted by

Hi Sue, I’m ok when I wake up, but my mind immediately thinks of what is going on and I’m low again. It’s the thought of not being able to function properly without worrying where a toilet is. How could I fly on a plane for fear of accidents. I just can’t get motivated for anything. I can usually gee myself up no matter what, but this waiting and wondering is awful.

Ian436
buttercup01
Posted by

Normally I have regular scans. It's,only the coronavirus has delayed them.

sukiuk
Posted by

Hi Ian

Have you phoned the hospital to see if the results are back.  I have got to say it my daughter is on the ball all the time dont take her foot off the pedal, she is on to all my consultants secretary's all the time, as soon as we found out I had cancer in the kidney, I had the opp with in 3 weeks also when they found out it was in my hip it was two and a half weeks and it was out, as it is who can shout the loudest she was phoning them constantly until they had enough of her.  did they say how long the results would be before they are back?  Have you started on the treatment as yet?

It is the waiting is the worse if you know what you were up against at least then you can put your mind to rest.

Sue 

sukiuk
Posted by

Awe right they still give you regular scans.  In wales it has not made any difference at the hospital they are still doing scans it is just no face to face with Oncologist, not even met mine as yet.  

sue