We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Kidney cancer

A place for people affected by kidney cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Kidney Cancer with a Tumour

Ollie22
Posted by

So, in July 2019 I was sent for an ultrasound to check for Gall stones, after the ultrasound it was found that my gall bladder was fine, but I had Kidney Cancer and a 125mm tumour, I was then sent to a consultant and a CT scan where my cancer and tumour was confirmed, from diagnoses to surgery was 10 weeks, 10 weeks after surgery I am back at work but awaiting a CT scan as 2 leisions have been found on one lung which could also be cancer. The whole process has been very interesting, I have been very well looked after by my surgeon and all the support staff, luckily I have not needed support outside my family, I just continue the fight remaining very possitive. I am just glad the nurses on my ward could take a joke

Stuff you cancer, you are not going to beat me !!
latchbrook
Posted by

Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

It must have been a shock to discover that what you thought were gallstones turned out to be kidney cancer! However, it sounds like everything has happened speedily since and I'm glad to hear that you've been well looked after.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the results of your CT scan and do come back and let us know how you get on.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

buttercup01
Posted by

Hi . Sorry, 

Hope u  don't have too long to wait for your CT scan results 

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Jo300
Posted by

Good luck with your scan results Ollie!

Jo
x
buttercup01
Posted by

Hi

Any news re CT scan?

Sue

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Ollie22
Posted by

Sadly not, thought I might have heard by now, but plenty of time yet

buttercup01
Posted by

Will keep my fingers crossed then. Makes it difficult to type tho...

Ollie22
Posted by

Yup  

we have decided to take early retirement, I’m 54 this year, we own a big motorhome, so going to sell the house and draw my pension early and go motorhome full time. Life is too short to wait for my retirement date. So will retire when I’m 56 2 year countdown started.

buttercup01
Posted by

Well done you!

I took early retirement 5 years ago  on ill health grounds ( minor stroke) Wish I was able to do more ..

Enjoy yourselves when the time comes. So true life's too short. 

Ollie22
Posted by

I have now got my appointment for a CT scan, 28th March, I have been for many blood tests and nurse visits, things are finally moving again.

buttercup01
Posted by

Hi ,good luck with your CT scan. I've got a routine one (:every 3 months)on 29/3

Sue

Mjbea1
Posted by

Good luck with scan results. I get mine on Monday 9/3.

take retirement as soon as you can. I was made redundant over 10 years ago and opted for early retirement at 57. Best call ever given the diagnosis I got 9 years later!
I was lucky to have over 36 years service in a firm with an excellent pension scheme so finance not a problem, but you can’t buy time.

Bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush!

motorhome idea sounds brilliant. 

all best wishes to everyone

MB
buttercup01
Posted by

Good luck re scan results on Monday

Mjbea1
Posted by

Thanks everybody for the good wishes. The scan result wasn’t brilliant but I guess it could have been worse. There has been some shrinkage but also some new growth. More concerning was the blood test results which indicated ongoing problems with my liver so they want to get these sorted before any further infusions. So I am now on 30mg of prednisalone to try and sort things out.

The oncologist was obviously disappointed, but did reassure me that nothing is likely to be life threatening for some time possibly years. He is looking to start me on a targeted therapy called Tivozanib, with a view to recommending Nivolumab at a later date.

So the roller coaster of emotions continues with Coronavirus thrown in for good measure!

best wishes and good luck to you all

MB
Ollie22
Posted by

Had the phonecall yesterday to cancel my CT scan, was really hoping it would go ahead so I could possibly settle down and start making plans, but life just aint that easy is it,

Got to wait at least two months before it will be rebooked, I dont know whats worse, waiting for the CT scan to find out what is happening or worrying about covid19,

Anyway, working from home until May, unless we have to carry out live data analysis, then we will have to go to the office.