Kidney cancer

A place for people affected by kidney cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Toothpaste suggestions please

buttercup01
Posted by

Hi all,

Started back on Pazopanib a week ago 

Taste changes OK so far - except my usual toothpaste (Sainsbury's basic) is stinging my tongue  

I've tried their spearmint ordinary tooth paste, but it's just the same. Can anyone suggest what else I might try?.Wondered about kids' toothpaste. I can visualize the box but can't remember it's name!

Thanks for your help

Sue

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Maybug
Posted by

Hi

i use Oranurse flavour free. You an buy it online. It’s a bit more expensive than normal toothpaste but it doesn’t sting. Children’s toothpaste is an easier/cheaper alternative but my dentist wasn’t keen because it has less fluoride in it. 

irishrambling
Posted by

I've never been wild about the taste of toothpaste but have found a Dentalux herbal version in Lidl's. It's not pepperminty and might be worth a try. It's certainly not expensive. It's got all the fluoride in the proportions the dentists recommend. 

buttercup01
Posted by
Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.