Kidney cancer

A place for people affected by kidney cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Ct scans

carol19
Posted by

Hi everyone I had a radical nephrectomy on the 4th of July I'm still waiting for my follow up appointment, I found a page of my discharge papers a couple of days ago which states, my tumour size being 6cm but the scan had in May at diagnosis stayed it was 5.1cm it's a bit scarey

Joncol
Posted by

Hi dont worry I believe the ct scan measurements can be out. My ct measurement of kidney mass was 6.9 cms but after the nephrectomy it was measured at 5.0 cm

Jane
Joncol
Posted by

Also a 6cm tumour is stil considered quite small

Jane
carol19
Posted by

Thank you Jane i was quite worried that it's a fast growing aggressive tumour and had grown a centimetre, from the end of May to the beginning of July , this has resisted me x

carol19
Posted by

Meant reassured x

buttercup01
Posted by

Hi carol19, kidney cancer is notoriously indolent, ie it's slow growing.

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
carol19
Posted by

Thank you buttetcup that's reassuring I will let you know the histology when i finally get my follow up appointment it's now been 10 weeks I've rang them twice x

buttercup01
Posted by

10 weeks!!

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
carol19
Posted by

Yes I'm starting to get scared there's something they don't want to tell me !! X

Maybug
Posted by

Don’t worry Carol. Easier said than done I know but the days of doctors keeping secrets are long gone. 

carol19
Posted by

Thank you Samuel i hope so , but they really should not keep someone waiting and worrying for so long it's really not on x

Maybug
Posted by

I agree. I remember the fear I had when I was first diagnosed. 

carol19
Posted by

Am I having a senior moment is Samuel your name or is the quote from him ? ok x

carol19
Posted by

Meant to put lol not ok it's this awful predictive texting x

Maybug
Posted by

Lol. It’s a quote.