Kidney cancer

A place for people affected by kidney cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Three good things - take 3

buttercup01
Posted by

Obviously having it all twice lol

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Ethelmay
Posted by

Happy Birthday buttercup  hope youve had a lovely day..... twice lol x

My 3 good things

1.Wishing buttercup a Happy Birthday!

2.I have a little sidetable which belonged to my grandma and keep all my sewing/embroidery stuff in. I decided I would tidy it all up and put all the silks back into a sort of colour order..... so I took everything out.

3.I looked at it all, mostly in a tangle, changed my mind, and put everything back lol A job for another day

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
buttercup01
Posted by

Aww thanks Ethelmay. I always feel good to have reached another birthday

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Ethelmay
Posted by

buttercup

My 3 good things...

1. Sat outside with my first cuppa of the day, managed to dodge the raindrops

2. Saw our beautiful robin on the fence. My how red his breast shows up on this grey morning!

3. The case I ordered for my phone arrived. Except it's not a case it's a back cover. I should've read the spec properly. I'm going to keep it anyway because its pretty and I'll order the right one this time lol

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
Ethelmay
Posted by

My 3 good things...

1. Had toast for breakfast. Lovely thick bread, toasted till nearly burnt with lots of butter. Yummy

2. Minestrone soup for lunch followed by fresh cream chocolate eclair

3. Spag boll for tea followed by greek yoghurt with a few raspberries and blueberries

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
Jo300
Posted by

Happy Birthday - sorry I'm late!

Ethelmay  I love the fact that your three things all revolve around food! Particularly given that you weren't feeling it at all before your op.

Jo
x
Ethelmay
Posted by

Thanks Jo  ...yes food! I can actually cook it as well as eat it now too, albeit smaller portions than before so onwards and upwards

My 3 good things

1.Had my clips removed today! Quite a relief, they were starting to pinch a bit.

2. I am now allowed to have a shower!

3. Some friends dropped in for a visit, was lovely 

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
Ethelmay
Posted by

My 3 good things,

1. Had a shower

2. Found an unfinished cross stitch embroidery that I'd started about 15 years ago and forgotten about! I might just start work on it again tomorrow

3. Managed to stay up watching tv until 10pm tonight!

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
buttercup01
Posted by

It's the simplest things that are the best isn't it?

buttercup01
Posted by

My 3 good things (planned) for today

1. Only one more day left to wait for my latest scan results
  2. Continue with my Xmas cards
  3. Write to one of my penfriends/ start another book
Ethelmay
Posted by

Good luck for your scan results,buttercup x

My 3 good things

1. Gp surgery phoned, they are reducing my high blood pressure tablets by one until further notice

2. buttercup's #2 has reminded me I haven't even started my Christmas cards, usually all done by now

3. Haven't felt the need for a nap today

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
buttercup01
Posted by

Well done on your 3 good things Ethelmay x

buttercup01
Posted by

My 3 good things

1. Got my scan results
  2. I can go back on Pazopanib  -  as things are still growing.
  3. I'm still here to feel really down about it all
  4. An extra one! I'll feel less down in a day or so...
Jo300
Posted by

Ahhh sorry to hear you news, what an absolute arse. But so pleased to hear that you can go back on the Pazopanib as I know how successful that has been for you previously.

Hope you're feeling more settled again very soon xx

Jo
x
buttercup01
Posted by

Aww thanks Jo. Roll on the bright white straight hair eh?I'd just got used to having my curls back too xx