Kidney cancer

A place for people affected by kidney cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Three good things - take 3

Ethelmay
Posted by

My 3 good things today...

1. Had a visit from a lovely friend who we think of as a 3rd son. He came to wish me well for tomorrow bless him.

2. My bro and sis called in for a brew

3. My sis-in-law arrived to stay over for a week or so. She's dogsitting for us and and will be good company for my other half while Im away

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
buttercup01
Posted by
  1. Ethelmay had her op today
  2. Glorious sunshine n blue sky after yesterday's downpours
  3. Got washing out on line 
Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Ormebeau
Posted by

What is it about us and feeling better for having the washing outside? It always makes me smile, though I got mine out, too, today. First chance in a while.

I had some good news, albeit yesterday, now - my blood test came back with positive results. 

Sometimes, it's the small things that matter.

My daughter will be back from spending her 3rd time at summer camp in Canada.

Ormebeau

buttercup01
Posted by

I agree Ormebeau, it is the small things that matter. Congratulations on the blood results x

You'll b glad to c your daughter again too.

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Jo300
Posted by

Two days in one for me today

1 The house completed and I can pay off my overdraft & credit card lol

2 We're mortgage free - huge relief

3 We went to the ballet Manon at the Royal Opera House for an anniversary treat. What a stunning building!

Jo
x
Ethelmay
Posted by

My 3 good things..

1. Love all your  '3 good things' guys x

2. Spent all afternoon relaxing in bed, could get used to this lol

3. Supervised by a nurse, I was able to give myself an injection with no problem. Just 27 more to go lol

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
Jo300
Posted by

Yayyy Ethelmay you’re back!! How are you feeling?

Jo
x
Ethelmay
Posted by

Hiyah Jo..yes, I'm back lol and apart from feeling tired and a bit sore I feel absolutely fine. Appetite is still a problem but its early days yet I suppose. Yes, keyhole.. I was so happy to hear thats what theyd managed to do because at various appointments I was told they didnt think theyd be able to, what with the size of it etc, and I get to keep my spleen which is good. So, its feet up for me for awhile

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
Ethelmay
Posted by

My 3 good things today...

1. Actually couldn't wait for breakfast this morning.That slice of buttered toast was beautiful

2. Manage to wash my hair leaning over the sink yayyyy!!

3. Put my earrings back in and necklace on. I feel a bit more like 'me' now

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
buttercup01
Posted by

Glad u get to keep your spleen - another good thing!

Ethelmay
Posted by

My 3 good things

1. The latest rainwater, which drowned the garden and turned the path into a lake, had all gone when I got up this morning. Bit of a shame in a way, was going to get a couple of ducks

2. Was a great day for getting the washing dry outside on the line

3. My grandson took an interest in one of the Codeword puzzles I had already started and after I'd explained the rules he had a go at finishing it

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
buttercup01
Posted by

My 3 good things from yesterday

1. Reading Ethelmay's 3 above
  2. Refocussing on my 3 good things
  3. Managing to find 3 things   (cheating a bit I know lol)
Ethelmay
Posted by

Hahaha @ cheating Buttercup  Still, they are 3 good things  xx

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
buttercup01
Posted by

Today's 3 good things.

1. I got lots of birthday cards today n some surprise pressies from a penfriend.
  2. Went out for a veggie breakfast
  3. Having veggie sausage rolls, cake n strawberries later. Yum!
buttercup01
Posted by

Today's 3 good things.

1. I got lots of birthday cards today n some surprise pressies from a penfriend.
  2. Went out for a veggie breakfast
  3. Having veggie sausage rolls, cake n strawberries later. Yum!