Kidney cancer

A place for people affected by kidney cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Three good things - take 3

Jo300
Posted by

Does your son live far from you? How lovely that he can get home!

Jo
x
Jo300
Posted by

- I can only imagine what a relief that must be for you!

My 3.

CT scan shows stable again. First time my skull has been checked in 9 months as it was missed last time - so that was a bit of a relief - not going to lie!

Drank quite a few glasses of prosecco to celebrate. I don't normally drink it anymore as I don't tolerate it well - but as I've had a break turns out I'm still as capable of putting it away as ever ;-)

We've not had a properly functioning hot tap in the kitchen for two months and it was finally fixed today. Thank God!

Jo
x
buttercup01
Posted by

My 3 

1. Out for lunch to celebrate 42  year since OH n I met
  2. Pub had new menu - more veggie choices
  3. Goat's cheese, butternut squash n beetroot tart with chips n peas followed by tiny piece of triple choc brownie ( so rich!) n a cuppa decaff tea.

Taste buds still functioning OK, fingers crossed they carry on a bit longer, then I can have a break over Xmas

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
buttercup01
Posted by

Glad your skull scan was OK Phew!

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
buttercup01
Posted by

Good luck re pre- op asesssment tomorrow 

buttercup01
Posted by

My 3 good things - from yesterday

1. Took things to GPO when I went to day hospice exercise group, incl pressie for penfriend in Spain
  2. Went to exercise group
  3. Had yummy home made cake n cuppa tea afterwards then armchair tai chi and relaxation session
Compo
Posted by

Thank you .... I'm a little nervous but looking forward to taking a step closer to getting the op over & done with!

Your wishes are one of my three good things for today.

The other two are the batch of jam I made this morning, enough to cover my morning toast for many months to come, and hearing the good news that a successor has been found to free me from a particularly demanding volunteer role that I've been struggling with.

buttercup01
Posted by

What sort of jam ?

Compo
Posted by

It's blackcurrant Jam, with the fruit coming from my own garden - makes for a double pleasure eating something I made myself and grew myself.

buttercup01
Posted by

Oh yes, u said earlier. Sounds gorgeous.

Btw, just liked my post instead of yours by mistake lol