Kidney cancer

A place for people affected by kidney cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Three good things - take 3

Jo300
Posted by

Sounds like you're getting into a routine with your meds

Mine are spread form over a few days

1) Photographed a bride from 10 years ago 3 children - it's lovely when they come back to you!

2) Photographed a bride from 2 years ago newborn baby - 13 days old!

3) Making huge headway on my new website and I'm really pleased with the way it's looking.

Jo
x
buttercup01
Posted by

Aww re you rephotographing brides. What a lovely idea n so good they come back to u.

Good luck with the new website

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
buttercup01
Posted by

Hi ,

Not seen your 3 good things for a while!

Hope this means u r well on the way to recovery?

My excuses are reading( as usual!), writing my Xmas cards, learning  about n  being a champ.

Would love to hear your latest news...

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
buttercup01
Posted by

Hi , how's the new website shaping up?

buttercup01
Posted by

My 3 good things

1. Catching up with
  2. Ditto
  3. Writing some Xmas cards
Ethelmay
Posted by

Hi Buttercup! I had a little break from the group and actually the internet totaly for a little while. Not because I dont love you all cos I do and have found your advice and friendship invaluable xx I just decided to try and put any of the cancer side of things to the back of my mind for awhile. Ive actually read 2 books in the break!! Im doing ok, still get twinges and impatient that I cant do everything at once, but Im getting there slowly.Had a blood test couple of weeks ago because I had 2 days of feeling sick. Sicky feelings gone off now but gp wants another test next week. Not sure why. I had a follow up appt offered me...30+ miles away from the original 30 miles I had to travel for the op. Cant do it. So waiting for another appt, sigh

Ok...my three good things...

1. Had my flu jab today

2. More snooker on tv! Found it by accident, more of the Home Nations, The Irish Open on Quest . My fav player Neil Robertson won the Champion of Champions yesterday was sad when that finished but now have a full week of feet up relaxation, magic lol

3. Had a glass of Tescos finest

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
buttercup01
Posted by

Hi ,.Glad to see you too found the snooker.

Neil Robertson currently losing v Mark Joyce tho.

Well done on having your flu jab.

Ethelmay
Posted by

Oh 'eck...he's losing? Aww, shame that....thanks for the update though Buttercup x Our grandson's starting to get into it now that we've explained the rules. It's on tv when he comes in from school

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
Ethelmay
Posted by

My 3 good things today

1. Ate breakfast, lunch, tea and supper! It's weird,this appetite thing. Some days I can't face much at all and I so much need to regain lost weight so today has been a good day.

2. Watched the snooker

3. My grandson ( 11 ) said he felt nice and cosy in my living room ( while he lay across an armchair, head on one arm and legs dangling over the other ). Am not sure why because it's been stuck in the 80's since, well, the 80's! Lol

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
Ethelmay
Posted by

My 3 good things today

1. Ate breakfast, lunch, tea and supper! It's weird,this appetite thing. Some days I can't face much at all and I so much need to regain lost weight so today has been a good day.

2. Watched the snooker

3. My grandson ( 11 ) said he felt nice and cosy in my living room ( while he lay across an armchair, head on one arm and legs dangling over the other ). Am not sure why because it's been stuck in the 80's since, well, the 80's! Lol

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
Ethelmay
Posted by

Appologies.... my post has shown twice! X

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
Ethelmay
Posted by

Buttercup!! Just read and seen that you're a Champ! Congratulations  xx

Love and hugs

Ethelmay x
buttercup01
Posted by

Thanks!

Tho it means I'm probably on the internet more than before, so will have to watch my usage. Pleased u got to read 2 books while having a break ( says librarian Sue lol)

Jo300
Posted by

Hi

It's slow progress! It's a big site and I'm completely re-writing the whole thing as well as redoing all of the portfolios - which entails trawling through thousands upon thousands of photographs. I should set aside the stuff I love as I shoot it - but I'm just not that organised!

I'll post the link when I'm done - you can all proof read it for me!

Jo
x
buttercup01
Posted by

Hi , coincidentally I used to proofread an e- newsletter as   part of my  job. I'm also a bit of a pedant, being an ex- cataloguer. You'll regret u mentioned it.