Kidney cancer

A place for people affected by kidney cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Recent diagnosis

AJ47
Posted by

Hi i have recently been diagnosed with kidney cancer with a small tumour on my right kidney to say i was shocked is an understatement as originally was seeing a consultant for tummy issues   i am trying to get my head around it all and am trying to be as positive as i can but have had a few wobbles and tears   i have to go and have a CT scan with angiagram next week and also pre-op ... surgery booked for a partial removal have read loads about this and some of the stories are very scary as some people have shared horrific stories of still being in pain after two years !!! Has anyone on here got any advice, guidance about the operation and is it normal to keep having tears/ emotional outbursts that come from nowhere

Adastra
Posted by

Hi. Your story is virtually identical to mine. I had my partial 5 weeks ago and have been recovering really well and can say that in my case I have had no pain, just discomfort. Actually, I did have a bit of pain in the first 2 weeks if I coughed deeply, but that was all. I had an open partial.

Youre bound to be nervous, tearful and upset, it’s a scary situation, but try to be positive about the surgery  it may well be that you have a good experience as i did x

Adastra
Posted by

Hi. Your story is virtually identical to mine. I had my partial 5 weeks ago and have been recovering really well and can say that in my case I have had no pain, just discomfort. Actually, I did have a bit of pain in the first 2 weeks if I coughed deeply, but that was all. I had an open partial.

Youre bound to be nervous, tearful and upset, it’s a scary situation, but try to be positive about the surgery  it may well be that you have a good experience as i did x

AJ47
Posted by

Thank you for your post which is very reassuring knowing you are well on the road to recovery  I am just worrying as its the unknown but just have to go with the flow really. I too am having open surgery as laproscopic was not an option according to my consultant, i will continue to think positive and wish you well for a speedy recovery