Palbociclib tablet

• 3 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hello all,  I have just joined the group.

I have been taking Palbociclib for a few months now, and have been tolerating reasonably well.  I had to stop taking it and having Denusemab and another 2 injections every month as I have been having problems with my mouth.  My jaw bone has grown through into my mouth, and I have had to have it Cut out .  Not nice. I have been taking the Palbociclib again, but now I am not tolerating it as well, and it is making me throw up all the time, and have no appetite at all.  I called oncology and they said anti sickness pills will help but when I had full blown chemo the anti sickness they gave me, always made me shake uncontrollably, I have Cyclizine which does not make me shake, but I am so worried about all the side effects that come with these pills,  I am getting very low and feel that I do not have the strength to keep going.  I have been surviving cancer since 2013, its all getting too much now.  

Does anyone else get this ?

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I don't have the experience you're looking for but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. It sounds like you're going through a very difficult time.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you join and post in the main breast cancer group as it's much more active than this one and I'm sure you'll connect with others who understand your problems. If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can then join and post in the same way as you did here.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  how are you, I hope you are feeling a bit better about things today.  I can't imagine how hard it must be to be battling this awful disease for so long.  There must be lots of low days but i really hope you have lots of good days too and that you won't give up fighting this.

Do call the Macmillan help line (see below) if you need to talk to someone.  Sometimes just talking about things can really help.

Sending big virtual hugs x

• Hello Happyhead, I have just joined the group and have been taking Palbociclib for over a year. The only side effect I have similar to yours is the sickness and appetite problems. I tend to eat every two hours or so. Eating whatever takes my fancy. The usual mash and gravy always goes down well. For protein I eat a lot of fish and chicken. So I can eat a small amount of chicken, mash, gravy two or three times a day. Traditional rice pudding is also a hit and I eat a lot of canned fruit. Completely off vegetables so have to force them soaked in gravy and sauces. Sometimes I start to eat and then push it away. That’s ok too I can reheat later. My breast cancer is in my spine and incurable the tablet is holding the spread for now. The issue with your jawbone sounds awful. My skin is awful and I can scratch myself almost raw in the third week of my cycle. This is my third cancer over 13 years but I hang in there hoping for a good day. Xx