Hi guys I need advice

I know I posted that he was cured a couple of days ago, we were told he was and that it was gone, he went in for a check up on his scar today and they told him that they pulled out some still active tumours that they didnt know was there/ the biopsys didn't pick up, they've told him that he can't have anymore treatment or operations but have a suggested a tablet treatment and I just need to know what this tablet treatment is, although I think deep down now they are life prolonging aren't they? Not a cure treatment.

I've done my screaming and crying I've gone through the utter shock of suddenly having good news ripped straight out of my grasp, I didn't even think it was possible to feel so much pain and sadness at one point, I was told he was cured, I was told he'll be at my graduation, I was told he'll see he'll see his grandchildren that he'll walk me down the isle and if I'm correct I've just been told this is going to kill him right? I feel shocked utterly betrayed, like my nightmares have just manifested themselves.

I don't know if anyone can relate to this? I hope so I just need to know the facts that aren't sugar coated, and whether this tablet treatment is a cure or a prolonging thing, im not sure how I should be thinking and feeling, I'm feeling pretty numb at the moment like the world is doing everything it can to knock us down, we had at least 2 weeks of relief though thinking that we had done this and that everything was okay, and I'm grateful for that time we were given, of anyone has any advice I'd be most grateful to hear it, thankyou everyone. Xx 

• I was so very sad to read this. I can't help with any info but, have everything crossed for you all.

Piya10
  • Oh my goodness Acornette.  I can't believe this.  I'm so sorry.  

I echo what has been been said by everyone.  Were you at the appt with your dad when he went for his checkup?  I'm presuming not?  It's really important that you get to speak to the team with your dad so he has someone with him as an extra pair of ears and to ask questions.  I would also consider getting a 2nd opinion if you're not happy or feel unsure of anything in the meeting.

I wish you both all the best and hope you can sort this out or gain an understanding of what's going on.

Linda x