Welcome from the Community team

I’m Eliza from the Community team, I hope you don’t mind me posting here. As you’ll all be able to see, the new site is now live!

Our new blog outlines some key information about the new site, and details about how you can give us your feedback if you’d like to.

If you’re not sure about how to use the new platform or have any questions, please take a look at our FAQs and our Help section.

Best wishes,

The Macmillan Community team

• I'm glad to hear that others are having difficulties too. I was logged out several times when trying to post info. and this was a bit frustrating. What I had typed just disappeared. Now I am writing my post in a word document and then doing the old control c, control v to paste it into the post. This has saved me so much frustration.

Why does it log you off so quickly that you don't get time to finish writing?

Lyn (AKA Sophie 66)

Sophie66

•  

Hi Lyn,

Users are currently getting logged out of the site after approximately 30 minutes. We’re so sorry that this issue is affecting users at the moment, and please be assured we're doing everything we can and working really hard to resolve this as soon as possible. 

When you've being disconnected, you should be able to click the person icon in the top right hand corner. This should log you back in without having to enter log in details (it feels more like a page refresh) and you should be taken to wherever you previously were on the site. The site should be saving any text you're typing and if you don't see it, hit the 'reply' button underneath the post you were replying to and the text should be there. 

If you’re experiencing any technical problems, please remember you can check the Help section or you can email us at community@macmillan.org.uk at any time.

Best wishes,

Eliza

Macmillan Community team

Eliza
    Macmillan Community Team
  • Why, when I click on "latest" does the system take me to the top of a page and not the latest post?  It is more than frustrating having to scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Peter
  • Hi ,

This is a small bug that our team are aware of and are working to resolve. I'm so sorry that this issue is causing some frustration just now, PFJTHS. In the meantime, you can quickly go to the end of a thread using the double arrow icon at the bottom of a discussion thread:

You can also see the latest post in the thread by clicking on the timestamp if one is visible, rather than “Latest”:

Please rest assured we are working to resolve any technical errors as quickly as we can. If you have any other questions, please remember we have our Help group. This is a dedicated space for all our members to ask any questions about the new site and ensures that the Community team will see your question and respond as soon as possible.

I hope you are continuing to find the site to be a place of support and comfort, PFJTHS. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you’re having any problems at community@macmillan.org.uk or over in our Help group.

Best wishes,

Eliza

Macmillan Community team

Eliza
    Macmillan Community Team