We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Head and neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

Immunotherapy with PEMBROLIZUMAB for tonsil cancer

Venice
Posted by

Hi

is anyone among you all going through immunotherapy for tonsil cancer?
husband here went through radiotherapy, then mandibulotomy, now as last resort immunotherapy with PEMBROLIZUMAB. 
Fourth infusion on Tuesday 9 June. 
So far so good : tumour has barely grown in three months despite very bad prognosis (months!). 
who knows what s next  

i would love to share this with someone who has also gone through it all. 

thank you

Venice

RadioactiveRaz
Posted by

Hi Venice 

just reply to your  post ,I don’t know of anyone sorry but just want to wish you and hubby all the best for the future and please keep the thread posted .Its always good to hear of new things ,I am 21 month post radiotherapy for tonsil cancer with several affected lymph nodes and at the moment everything is fine.

Onwards and upwards 

Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com

i give a honest account of my experiences with tonsil cancer 

T2N2NM equals tumour size 2-4 cm 2 affected lymph nodes  later changed to several after pet ct scan NM no distant metastatic .35 radiotherapy sessions and 2 out if 3 planned cisplatin chemotherapy sessions.   Now fast approaching the 2 years since end of treatment. Good luck to anyone starting out will always help if I can  

Beesuit
Posted by

Hi Venice

if you type immunotherapy into the group search function there are a few encouraging posts but sadly nobody involved has been on for a few months. If you check out anybody’s personal profile then look at their latest activity you might see if they have listed elsewhere since then. 
Good luck. There have been some remarkable results with immunotherapy 

Dani
Squamous Cell Carcinoma base of tongue diagnosed September 2018. T2N0M0. 67Gy radiotherapy over six weeks December/January 2018/19
The blog is my personal cancer journey, warts and all. 

Venice
Posted by

Wow two years, good for you! 
That s so nice to hear!

best wishes to you

Venice 

chris2012
Posted by

Hi Venice , i know what its like when cancer returns in or around the same area, it took 3 attempts to get to the bottom of mine, thankfully they did it. I have never had immunotherapy as i expect it was in its infantry back in 2008, so like the other guys i cannot give any advice on it. It sounds as if it is helping so lets hope it continues to slow down or halt the growth. Stay strong, all the best and hope you manage to find other people in the same situation. 

Chris x

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it !                Click here to find out more

sd63
Posted by

Hi i had 35 radiotherapy 4 chemo and 4 immunotherapy (compare they use this for lung cancer but it’s at the end of the trail for head and neck cancer  After a long hard journey I’m pls to say the Christie’s hospital  has rang to say they have eradicated it so  the journey is a hard one but plenty of support and amazing Doc/nurse x

Venice
Posted by

Now THAT’s an aMazing news! Well done!

so pleased for you!

never give up, they say.
We ll try too. 

best wishes

Venice

Venice
Posted by

Thank you

Venice

Tricia24
Posted by

Hi Venice,

Good to hear your husband having immunotherapy and so far so good as you say.

My husband has had two infusions of Nivolumab, third one next week. He had a scan at the beginning and will have 4 infusions before they scan to see what effect it’s having.

The consultant wanted him to start it just before lockdown but unfortunately due to the corona virus situation  the treatment was postponed.

really relieved when they actually started the treatment.

Wishing you all the best

Tricia

Venice
Posted by

Thank you, Chris. I just read your profile. My, what you went through. Amazing. Very courageous.
I suppose...what else can one do but soldier on. 

best wishes

Venice

chris2012
Posted by

You are welcome Venice, thanks for the kind words, its only an outline of what i had done etc, i was going to do a blog but i think we are all different and what happens to one person is different to another person so just gave a basic profile. Wishing you all the very best ,take care.

Chris x 

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it !                Click here to find out more